Infor Job Posting
Infor is the third largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises or both. For additional information, visit
JOB POSITION: Solution Consultant â€" Public Sector
JOB LOCATION: Remote
JOB SUMMARY: The Solution Consultant is responsible for providing product line assistance to the sales organization, Lawson prospective clients, and Lawson clients. A Solution Consultant is responsible for understanding a prospective client's critical business issues in order to present and demonstrate Lawson's software capabilities for the best possible solution to win the business. S/he is also responsible for understanding product line strengths and weaknesses in comparison to the competition in the marketplace. The Solution Consultant must be able to effectively team with the sales organization in order to win business.
· Understands and communicates effectively product line strengths and weaknesses in comparison to the competition in the marketplace. Keeps updated on Infor and competitor product lines.
· Effectively teams with the sales organization in order to win business working with Account Executives (AEs) to coordinate demonstration strategy planning for the sales team.
· Conducts site surveys and/or phone surveys with Account Executives to determine prospects' needs.
· Establish strategy with the AE prior to the survey.
· Determine the prospect's critical business issues.
· Position the strengths of Infor products during the survey, laying potential traps for the competition.
· Determine an agenda and set appropriate expectations for the demonstration.
· Determine ability of Infor applications to address prospect's business issues and assist AE in determining degree of Infor's â€œfitâ€ for each deal.
· Work with the AE to coordinate demonstration strategy planning for the sales team.
· Applies product knowledge, presentation skills and technical understanding to effectively present Infor products to prospects and customers.
· Establish strategy with the AE and other Solution Consultants prior to the demo.
· Tailor the demonstration to specifically address proof of Infor's capabilities to solve the prospect's critical business issues.
· Prepare appropriate demonstration content and handouts for the presentation.
· Position product strengths against the competition.
· Handle objections professionally.
· Respond appropriately to various personalities by listening fully and thinking quickly before answering questions.
· Maintain control of the agenda during the presentation.
· Assist other Solution Consultants in demonstration preparation.
· Provide additional value to functional demonstration by simplifying technology concepts for functional audience.
· Add value to functional consultant presentations by interjecting key differentiators, or helping to control the room.
· Assist Account Executives with timely follow-up with prospects.
· Address any outstanding product line issues with prospects.
· Provide feedback to sales management and product marketing management on any issues in the field.
· Maintain common demonstration data to be used in presentations.
· Prepare unique demonstration data to address the needs of specific scripted presentations.
· Explain product features, but more importantly, benefits and values to sell full product lines.
· Learn/understand partner software and demonstrate as needed.
· Share product knowledge with other Solution Consultants regularly.
· Work with other Solution Consultants to maintain highest quality demo data.
· Maintain a high and accurate level of knowledge of business concepts, business processes and structures and efficiency factors in order to demonstrate ways of increased performance and business excellence for prospects
· Write and make use of competitive analyses
· Gather market/business requirements as input to Product Development process
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· College/University Degree or equivalent experience
· Minimum of 3 years enterprise software development and/or application Consulting in the enterprise software business
· Minimum 2 years' experience with enterprise software sales and/or client services (application implementation), preferably as a Solutions Consultant.
· Superior public speaking, presentation, and written communication directed at a technical and business audience at all levels of an organization
· Ability to establish strong relationships with customers'/prospects
· Ability to work independently and/or possibly from a remote location.
preferred skills & KNOWLEDGE:
· Public sector industry expertise
· ERP experience
· 5+ years pre-sales consulting experience with Business Applications software and/or Lawson
· Proven ability to present solution and influence to â€œCâ€ level executives
· Proven ability to work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and demonstrated initiative in taking ownership for all assigned responsibilities, deliverables and results
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at
To apply, please click on the following link: ADD LINK HERE. No recruiters, please
|Location:||Remote Office, OR |