Solution Engineer-Customer Support Vendavo
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Who we are:
Vendavo is the leader in front-line profit optimization. We help companies be more profitable by delivering simple, actionable guidance to the front lines, enabling salespeople to negotiate confidently and sell more profitably. Vendavo is the solution trusted by some of the largest companies in the world, including 3M, IBM, Ford, Dow, Office Depot, Philips, Dell, and Newell Rubbermaid.
As Vendavo expands into new product and market segments, we are looking for a rock-star Solution Engineer to help us break new ground with the launch of our first SaaS product. You will play a key role in helping us successfully bring this and other products to market, we well as supporting the Sales team as they acquire new customers.
Come be part of the team that enables Vendavo to enter a new phase of growth!
We are looking for a Solution Engineer who will be responsible for supporting internal/external customers on the Vendavo suite of Price Management Applications and any new product offerings. The right candidate will have the opportunity to work with a team of highly energetic and skilled engineers in supporting solution frameworks for the target industry.
What you will do:
- Provide high-quality solution support for the Vendavo PMM software and other product offerings across the globe.
- Document the communication and resolution steps for all issues in our CRM system.
- Coordinating customer needs and wishes with the Engineering and Product Management team.
- Perform root cause diagnosis using tools such as Eclipse, JVM Profiler, SQL Tuning Advisor etc.
- Have proficiency in diagnosing complex n-tier applications, includes both functional and performance related issues.
- Handle customer escalations and provide periodic updates to customer and Vendavo management
- Executes other responsibilities and key result areas as assigned
What you need to be successful in this role:
Why you will like working here:
- Prior production support experience
- 3+ years Java/J2EE or object-oriented (e.g. C++) programming experience
- Proficiency in server side Java programming using JDBC, JMS, J2EE etc.
- Experience working on SOAP / REST WebServices
- Experience in following areas: PL/ SQL, ANSI SQL, Databases (Oracle/DB2), Application servers (Weblogic, NetWeaver, Websphere, JBOSS)
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX platforms
- Experience in troubleshooting performance issues and memory tuning for J2EE applications
- Excellent technical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Experience working in a fast paced and dynamic environment with frequent context switching
- Qualities of a great team player and a highly motivated self-starter.
- Ability to work with multiple time zones
- Willingness to travel up to a maximum of 25% as needed
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field is required.
- Experience with Customer Account management is a plus
- Prior experience with SaaS technology
- Nothing's more exciting than working at a dynamic, high potential startup
- Super collaborative environment where every opinion matters
- Our drive to constantly innovate attracts the best and brightest
- Kitchen stocked with fresh fruit and healthy snacks
- Onsite Yoga / Zumba (Mountain View location only)
- Full benefits
- Monthly socials (Brought to you by our party planning crew Venation)
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED