Solutions Architect Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Want to Work for a Different Type of Software Company? Join the Guidewire team.
At Guidewire, a combination of good working conditions, an excellent market opportunity, a rational and meritocratic company culture, quality software products, and a long history of careful hiring have allowed us to create an enviable work environment. Business Insider ranked Guidewire as the #1 tech employer in Silicon Valley for two years in a row. Find out why.
We live by core values every day.
At Guidewire, we value people at every stage of their career and try to minimize those barriers for collaboration. It is reflected in how we communicate with each other company-wide and on projects. Every engineer and consultant brings something to the table whether in the earlier years of their career or after a long and successful progression. We strive for integrity in all that we do: truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other. As we grow, our commitment to integrity has only increased.
We prize clear, rational and collaborative communications on our projects that is plainly based on logic, total commitment to quality, and to making decisions based on factual evidence. You would be working on a team that is comprised of professional equals with a minimum of hierarchy. We don't place high importance on titles; it's more about what you do.
We know who we are. Guidewire is a software company.
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, difficult to get right, and actually a lot of fun to work on. Demand for our software is on the rise, and we are growing to meet the needs of the market.
What will I be doing?
The Solution Architect will be responsible for leading a team on a specific project and take on a hands-on role for high profile or large, complex projects. Projects will vary from new customer implementations to upgrades, data migration and reporting.
Customers can enjoy the benefits of experienced consultants completing project activities â€" including configuration, business logic, integration, conversion, reporting and infrastructure. While work is completed remotely, in certain cases, a Solutions Architect can be brought on-site to solve extremely complex or time critical issues.
The Solutions Architect will also be a key member of the local leadership team in Ireland and be involved in various initiatives outside of client projects as required.
Our hiring is as methodical, rational and stringent as our Development standardsâ€¦
To be considered you should have a minimum of 7 years post-graduate experience in the following:
- Background in consulting or equivalent in a customer facing role.
- Ability to handle technical leadership tasks (Solution Design, estimating, delivery of technical training/education)
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as OO design, development and test skills with proven patterns knowledge, exceptional documentation skills, and the ability to communicate your thought process
- JAVA, J2EE, JMS, JDBC OR C#, .NET experience â€" we do facilitate a technical test as part of the selection process
- Software development lifecycle exposure (AGILE) preferred
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of Guidewire's product platform including all integration technologies and become certified
- Partner with Guidewire on-site consultants and client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements
- Ability to travel to the US for product certification and interest and ability to travel occasionally to customer site globally
- Problem solving skills
- Extraordinary fondness for details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong personal initiative and ability to personally execute with minimal oversight.
- Ability to work with a variety of customers from different departments in large and small groups.
- Leadership skills â€" Ability to adapt to various work settings and serve in an advisory/leadership role, managing performance of the team members on a project, acting as escalation point on each project.
- Interaction with prospects and customers to describe the overall architecture from a component perspective (application server, database, internal cache, clustering)
- Delivery of technical training/education (e.g. architecture, sizing, application server and database configuration/tuning, performance investigation and monitoring).
- Assist in diagnosing some infrastructure issues such as performance/stability or setups issues.
- Expertise in one or more of the following: hardware, application server, a little database, storage, performance, monitoring, network, load-balancing, high availability, disaster recovery
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services