Solutions Architect - Major Accounts Palo Alto Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As a Palo Alto Networks Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for presenting the Palo Alto Networks Next Generation Firewall solution to prospective customers, creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering customer technical requirements, creating evaluation test plans with customers, and then managing the evaluation process to a successful conclusion.
This Solutions Architect position is focused on the Next Generation Firewall security space, with a particular focus on tools for securing the virtualized environment [VMware, Xen], scripting, orchestration tools, application signature customization, etc. It will require a candidate with a broad understanding of the security needs in modern Data Center environments, and a creative, problem discovery and solving approach to enabling Palo Alto to meet the needs of customers running these environments.
- Working with Product Management, Technical Marketing and R&D to create requirements and product features for our large customers and provide feedback from customers
- Provide design consultation and best practice guidance for rollout, implementation, and policy conversion during the 'pre sales' process for strategic opportunities. The Solution Architect will take ownership of advanced 'proof of concept' testing in strategic accounts either at the customer site or Palo Alto Networks lab facilities.
- Provide product update and enhancement training to other SEs in the region.
- Be a 'subject matter expert' in Palo Alto Networks virtual firewall technology.
- Provide demos for strategic prospects and current accounts in all facets of Palo Alto Network's virtual offerings and integration in existing datacenter environments.
- Assist in the training of new Palo Alto Networks SEs in their designated region in installs customer presentations, and internally-focused deal preparation activities.
- Provide territory coverage within the region when additional resources are required.
- Provide advanced 'Partner SE' training for updates in the Palo Alto Networks product suite.
- In-depth knowledge of virtual Data Center environments â€" both from a technology and a business driver standpoint.
- Demonstrable experience in securing these environments.
- BSCS or equivalent and 8+ years of experience as an SE or systems integrator
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems and scripting.
- Demonstrable experience with systems installation, configuration and administration of routers/switches, UNIX/Linux and Windows-based systems (prior Active Directory/LDAP experience desirable)
- Experience that emphasizes L2-L4 Networking (L2 Switching architectures including Spanning Tree, IP routing including OSPF and BGP ,L4 Load balancing )
- Experience selling, demonstrating, installing and troubleshooting network infrastructure security product.
- Travel of 60%-80% within the designated region.
- Self motivated
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills, both internally and externally
- Strong problem finding and solving skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution, even under duress
- Super organizational skills
- 'Whatever it takes' attitude and motivation to do whatever necessary to assist in closing a deal.
- Experience working with Channel partners and understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
- Experience from companies in the enterprise networking security space.
- Experience installing and configuring a virtual environment
- Experience understanding threat signatures and their creation.
||multiple, multiple |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED