Remote role: anywhere on the West Coast (including the Denver area)
A Bit9 Solutions Architect (SA) delivers effective Advanced Threat Protection and Endpoint Sensor solutions to Bit9 customers, integrating Bit9 products with our customersâ security programs. The SA interacts at multiple levels within a customer account while demonstrating strong technical skills, thought leadership, and commitment to the customer's success.
The SA collaborates with other Bit9 staff to ensure that Bit9 software solutions are successfully positioned as the foundation of a strategic endpoint security program. The SA places clear emphasis on process and data analysis as critical components in the overall solution framework, and balances both customer requirements and technology abilities against operational and security risks within the environment.
The SA is a trusted technical advisor, senior consultant, and technology escalation point, to both customers and internal Bit9 Services team members. The SA offers insight and recommendations for application control and surveillance strategies with regard to policies, processes, implementation details, and general approach. Additionally, the SA will be involved with education and mentorship, supporting the delivery framework, development of technical documentation, stand-alone tools and utilities, advanced topics research, infrastructure design documents, advanced data analysis and reporting, advanced troubleshooting, and technical escalation management for a customer account.
- Assess business, technical & security objectives of Bit9 customers
- Assess the customer security architecture and landscape and design ways to integrate Parity into overall security infrastructure and processes.
- Create & develop the vision and strategy of the solution design based on the objectives of the customer
- Lead, facilitate, and oversee the technical delivery team during design sessions with the customer and during implementation of the solution
- Work with delivery team to map a design into a product/services delivery plan to help the customer to meet their implementation objectives
- Ensure that technical proposals are technically sound, deliverable, competitive, and representative of market leadership in applying technology to address business issues
- Participate in account relationship and issue management activities using a collaborative, consensus-driven approach that supports successful service delivery and issue resolution while navigating organizational complexities of diverse customer environments
- Provide technical leadership for the delivery team through development of best practices and implementation frameworks, identifying/writing whitepapers
- Maintain an agile, positive, hands-on approach toward delivering leading-edge solutions while driving growth and innovation within the Professional Services organization.
- Provide feedback and assist product management with prioritization of new features
- Provide input to Product Management based on customer feedback and foresight into future customer needs
- Obtain continuous feedback from the field, including customers, bringing ideas back to corporate teams and making recommendations on future service offerings
- Work effectively with Support and Engineering in resolving issues
- Work with Sales on solving requirements during the sales cycle
- Participate in the pre-sales process to understand customer business needs, technical objectives, and product requirements
- Participate in industry events such as user groups, conferences, and marketing events to promote Bit9; develop and present leading-edge content that demonstrates Bit9âs leadership position in the security marketplace
- Author blogs, technical articles or white paper based on experiences
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in Bit9 service offerings, value propositions, and representative case studies
- Provide advice, support, education, mentorship, and issue/incident response to customer and Bit9 staff in the context of project implementation, extended Professional Services offerings, and premiere contract support
- Act as subject matter expert and final point of escalation in support of troubleshooting activities for customers involved in project implementation and ongoing life cycle, extended Professional Services offerings, or premiere contract support
- 12+ years delivering security solutions in enterprise environments
- 7+ years specifically in delivering enterprise professional and consulting services
- 16+ years as a senior systems administrator or senior systems consultant
- Proven success in delivery software product solutions in both an individual contributor and mentorship/leadership capacity
- Proven success working with Fortune 1000 companies, in partnership with both technical and business personnel
- Ability to navigate all levels of customer organizations
- Experience creating technical documentation, including product documentation, technology and process best practices, and technical whitepapers
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues at Expert level
- Experience generating ad-hoc software tools and utilities using common script or programming languages such as VBScript, Visual Basic, PERL, Windows PowerShell, or Unix/Linux command shells
- Experience integrating multiple vendor products using custom tools and approaches
- Experience with Desktop and Configuration Management software/suites is a plus
- CISSP certification, or equivalent skillset and career experience.
- Microsoft MCSE certification, or equivalent skillset and career experience.
- Expert knowledge of Windows, Linux, and Macintosh operating systems.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft server technologies, specifically IIS, the .NET web application platform, SQL Server, Active Directory, and supporting infrastructure.
- Ability to function as an individual contributor and mentor/leader detached from the corporate environment.
- Ability to handle/manage multiple simultaneous priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Excellent verbal and written presentation and communications skills.
- Proven skills in writing effective email communication, whitepapers and best practices
- Adept at creating PowerPoint presentations for all levels of an organization
- Passion for assimilating and disseminating technology both deeply and broadly
Bit9 is an equal opportunity employer.Â We are not working with staffing agencies to fill this role; no agency calls, please.