Solutions Engineer Sepaton
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED MUST BE ABLE TO WORK OUT OF A HOME OFFICE AND TRAVEL AS NEEDED
MUST BE LOCATED NEAR A MAJOR AIRPORT FOR EASE OF TRAVEL
Equally comfortable and confident working in both pre-sales and implementation/post-sales support roles, this individual is responsible for all technical pre-sales support of the Regional Sales Manager in pursuit of revenue and customer acquisition within the assigned territory. The SE performs the following functions:
1. The SE is recognized as the subject matter expert on SEPATON solutions in their regional sales territory.
2. The SE is a partner in the sales process, participates in the creation of sales strategy and tactics and takes ownership of technical responsibilities within customer accounts (particularly during the ?Needs Analysis? and ?Proof of Concept? stages of the sales cycle). This includes presentations, account management, evaluations and benchmarks, and system configurations.
3. Responsible for giving product presentations describing how SEPATON products provide the optimum solution to the customer?s backup and restore needs.
4. Responsible for making product demonstrations that establish SEPATON?s key product and software differentiators and will coordinate benchmarks, and reference account activity as required.
5. During customer's product evaluation and analysis, responsible for design assistance including on-site visits to review implementation layout and design, examine customer problems and provide suggestions on optimal ways to use SEPATON products. The SE is responsible for understanding and reviewing the customer?s test plan, and should be available to assist the customer throughout the evaluation process to ensure successful understanding of the product.
6. Establish and maintain relationships with key customers and individuals at prospect accounts and partners via regular and on-going communication.
7. Identify and develop new opportunities within accounts, including opportunities for application software and services.
8. Gather requirements and product features for future products from customers and communicate these requirements to Marketing and Engineering.
9. Understand competitor's strengths and weaknesses relative to the appropriate technical strategy.
10. Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs, RFQs and RFIs.
11. Develop specific technical knowledge required for hands on installation activities.
12. Stay current on emerging technologies, SEPATON development roadmap and other industry issues that impact SEPATON product positioning.
13. The SE may be called on to perform post sales SEPATON product implementation and integration service activities as required.
14. Participate in implementation planning meetings as appropriate with the Professional Service delivery organization to allow for the smooth transition from pre sales to post sales ensuring a smooth customer installation that meets their expectations established during pre sales activities.
15. Responsible to maintain appropriate customer documentation in a timely fashion as it relates to the submission and updating of the Site Survey, Installed Account Profile, Customer Discovery document, Internal Sales Orders, Evaluation transfer forms, expense reports and other documentation.
? Strong sales skills, identify and develop new opportunities within accounts, the ability to instill confidence with prospective customers.
? Strong communication skills (verbal and written), ability to develop relationships with key customer personnel and management.
? Strong Consultative/Assessment/Discovery skills.
? Ability to multitask - manage multiple projects / customer activities at the same time
? Recognized subject matter expert on any or all of the following backup applications and DR solutions:
? Symantec NetBacku ? TSM ? DataProtector ? Legato ? CommVault
? Strong, professional communication and negotiating skills with the ability to reset expectations with internal and customer management.
? Strong hands on experience with Linux/Unix, Microsoft OS environments, capable of working in the customer environment with direct hands on capability.
? Strong project management skills.
? Strong problem solving skills.
? Detail oriented
? Programming / scripting experience in Linux / Unix / Windows
? Strong SAN / LAN / WAN technical skills
? Strong working knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Word) and Microsoft Project.
||400 Nickerson Road |
Marlboro, MA 01752
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED