Southeast Full-Time Title Searcher/Examiner RedVision
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Overview:
Responsible for examination and completion of all assigned data collection tasks required for property title searches, ranging in various levels of complexity, to determine status of title or establish chain of title.
In-office and telecommuting/remote opportunities available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Abstract and analyze deeds, deeds of trust/mortgages, easements, judgments, tax assessments, mineral reservations, and other applicable instruments.
2. Verify vesting and encumbrances to title.
3. Prepare title reports and comment on any title discrepancies contained within the chain of title or within any specific document.
4. Research Tax Records to report current tax status as well as any delinquent taxes outstanding.
5. Ability to prepare a commitment for Title Insurance which would include requirements and exceptions based on the status of title.
6. Submit field requests to designated field representative for searches that cannot be completed in-house in those areas which employee Field Searcher/Examiners.
7. Review all returned field requests and incorporate data for completion of order.
8. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and levels of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is sedentary, typically employee sits comfortably to do the work. There may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items such as paper, books, or notebooks.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment that requires normal safety precautions.
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum 12 months prior title examination experience and preparation of title commitments.
Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, and Web navigation
2+ years experience performing title examinations
Prior experience examining complex title issues including probate, foreclosure and bankruptcy
Proficient in use of company order processing platform
Ability to work in an accurate, detail-oriented and highly productive manner
Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
Ability to work both independently and contribute in every aspect to a team environment
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED