Spam Fighting Software Engineer -Perl-C Cloudmark
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Cloudmark produces high performance messaging security solutions to the world?s largest ISPs, mobile operators and social networks
Cloudmark solutions use fingerprinting algorithms, a Global Threat Network of trusted reporters around the world, and real-time analysis of traffic and content patterns to provide security intelligence and filtering.
This position involves maintaining and improving our software while responding to constantly evolving threats.
We currently use a combination of technologies including a large MySQL databases and servers, daemons, and tools written in Perl and C. We realize that the fight against spam changes daily and are open to using the right tool for the job. We encourage new ideas and experimentation in our engineering team.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about joining the fight against messaging abuse.
- Writing software in Perl and C against a MySQL database.
- Data analysis to serve as input to automating the real-time detection and identification of abuse trends and anomalies in the message stream with a high degree of accuracy and few false positives.
- Maintaining an awareness of new technologies and trends in security, keeping an eye open for new ways to stop emerging security threats in spam.
- Have solid experience writing software in Perl in a UNIX environment. (Solid experience in C is also a plus.)
- Have an Undergraduate or Graduate degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering or a related field or equivalent years of experience.
- Be very comfortable with fundamental Computer Science concepts such as algorithms, data structures, memory usage etc.
- Be very comfortable writing regular expressions.
- Have a good understanding of SQL and relational databases (i.e. basic SQL query optimization, schema design, etc)
- Enjoy developing software with a security mindset in an environment with an active adversary.
- Be able to think clearly under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience writing email related software.
- Experience in the security industry.
- Experience with data mining and analysis using Hadoop or similar technologies.
||128 King Street |
San Francisco, CA 94107
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED