Splunk Project Manager Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Splunk Project Manager Role (Indivdual Contributor)
In this newly created role at Splunk you will use your stellar project management,technical, and leadership skills to assit the Pre-Sales team and Professional Services team with our Fortune 500 customers. Since this is a brand new position you will also help define this role and how it will evolve in the next few years.
- Assist the Splunk pre-sales team with the scoping and risk assessment for pursuits that require PS resources.
- Lead technical deployments through full implementation life cycle management to include tasks below and as required by contract or customer satisfaction:
- Sales handoff
- PS resourcing
- Customer training plan development and validation
- Execution of the Splunk and customer activities
- Splunk support turn over
- Sales wrap up
- Ensure regular, timely and accurate communications to all key stakeholders, e.g. customer, sales, PS management and support of progress and risks.
- Maintain and foster internal and external customer's relationships. Take ownership of the relationship and ensure that customer's objectives and contractual obligations are met. Promote opportunities where Splunk products and services can meet additional customer requirements.
- Plan and manage resources ensuring all projects meet obligations and budget expectations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Splunk products, industry best practices, and project management skills.
- Create and maintain project management methodology documentation, update as revisions are approved, and conduct (semi) annual review with key internal and external stakeholders.
Experience and Skills
- Advanced project management skills. Demonstrates ability to evaluate project objectives and scope feasibility, gain customer understanding, schedule resources, and manage timeline and budget to plan.
- Ability to lead, mentor, and develop team members; including the ability to delegate key areas of responsibility.
- Build customer relationships that enhance communications to ensure project success and promote additional product opportunities.
- Manage multiple projects and/or teams simultaneously while maintaining customer satisfaction and financial health.
- Capacity to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Highly advanced persuasion and negotiation skills when working with internal/external customers.
- Ability to translate customer business requirements into project deliverables.
- 30% travel (overnight and possibly more)
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED