SQL Server Database Administrator Ntirety Technologies
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Immediate Opening, Posted May 17th, 2010.
Ntirety is in the business of Database Administration as a Service. As a SQL Server Database Administrator at Ntirety, you will be part of a team of Database Administrators remotely supporting multiple SQL Server installations on our clients systems all over the world. You will be working with our clients on database projects and proactively ensuring optimal availability and performance of the database systems. You will be responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL issues that arise while working concurrently with multiple priorities. Your work environment will be a combination of working out of Ntiretys Dedham, Massachusetts office and also working remotely from your home office.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, computer science, engineering or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience is required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of related experience.
- Process oriented engineer with strong execution and follow through skills.
- Experience supporting SQL2005/SQL2008 in a production environment
- Knowledge in Networking.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Team player with ability to multitask with minimal supervision and high reliability.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Minimal travel anticipated for this position.
- You will be responsible for supporting the SQL Server databases and ensuring their performance, availability and security.
- You will responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades.
- Ability to perform database audits.
- Ability to implement database tuning processes.
- Ability to configure, perform and test database backup and recovery
- Experience in replication, log shipping or database mirroring all pluses.
- Experience in Clustering and Virtualization
- Experience with Integration Services, SSAS and Reporting Services
- Passion for learning and applying evolving technologies
- Strong customer focus; ability to focus on the client's requirements and exceed expectations
- Familiarity with data warehouse technology
- Programming Languages a plus (VB, C++, .Net, Java, APEX, HTML)
||Dedham, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED