Sr Accountant Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Finance | Santa Monica, CA, United States
- Analysis and Reporting: Analyze and research content accounting matters, providing accurate and comprehensive documentation of issues identified and resolutions reached. Identify, investigate and resolve unusual, inaccurate and unexpected cost fluctuations or balances. Coordinate and communicate with business management and FP&A to support their detailed understanding of content spend.
- GAAP Research: Perform GAAP research and prepare summary documentation and memorandums as required.
- Month-end: Participate in month-end processes, including preparation of journal entries, deferral and amortization of content costs, reporting and reconciliations of accounts associated with content creation.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities to improve broad, cross-functional business processes and related systems. Assist implementation efforts as required.
- Contracts: Review contracts for content revenue recognition implications and make recommendations.
- Special Projects: This could involve creating processes for new services, GAAP research, new management reporting initiatives, etc.
- System and Data Analysis: Work closely with Financial Systems team to research and investigate content reconciliation issues as data moves between systems. Troubleshoot data feeds and provide recommendations for short-term and long-term system and process improvement.
- Audit Support: Serve on the audit support team for external auditors to ensure all information is provided in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure all content related questions are addressed completely and timely.
- SOX and Controls: Prepare and maintain documentation of content accounting processes for Sarbanes-Oxley purposes. Assist SOX internal control reviews relating to the revenue area.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, or Economics required.
- Qualified candidates will have 3-5 years of progressive, public and private accounting, and financial analysis experience; mid-to-large public company, preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues, analysis, and interpretation of data.
- Systems skills should include advanced Excel and Oracle.
- Demonstrated ability taking a hands-on approach to data mining and manipulation, utilizing multiple data sources to create basic and advanced reports.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills for interacting with internal and external customers
- Strong process management skills, with the ability to define process and results metrics, implement continuous process improvement techniques, and manage a complex process that crosses several functional organizations
- A strong interest in efficiency, automation, work process improvement, and standards development required
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED