Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is looking for a motivated Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to join its accounting team.
The Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist will work under the direction of the Accounting Manager and perform daily accounts payable and cash management tasks. This position will exercise a high level of independence, accountability, teamwork, good judgment and attention to detail. The Senior Accounts Payable Specialist must be able to work independently, as well as within a team environment in order to provide outstanding service to our employees and vendors.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Full cycle accounts payable including invoice review, coding, approvals, data entry, disbursements and filing.
- Manage weekly process of disbursements via manual checks, wires, and ACHs.
- Perform month-end closing procedures including AP reconciliation.
- Review the setup of new suppliers including payment terms and banking information.
- Add value through process improvement and creating workflow efficiencies, e.g. reduce processing time, improve accuracy and reduce paper-based processes.
- Maintenance of vendor information, including W-9's, as needed and year-end 1099 issuance and reporting as well as the completion of the 1096 transmittal to the IRS.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed with adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements.
- Research and respond to inquiries (internal & external) regarding invoice/check status, as well as, inquiries that require additional explanation or supporting documentation, providing the highest level of customer service.
- 5 or more years of accounting operations experience
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- Strong understanding of internal controls and Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Must have ERP AP system experience, as well as 1099 filing experience
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all areas and levels of the company
- Execute multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage tasks simultaneously
- Proactive, assertive and creative approach to problem solving
- Good presentation skills for educating internal clients on accounting principles
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field preferred and/or Equivalent Combination of education and experience
About Splunk: Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has 5,600 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco with offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED