Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered over 15,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Model S is the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
Tesla Motors seeks a candidate for the position of Accounts Payable Specialist in the Finance department of a rapidly growing organization. You will ensure the accurate entry of AP invoices, have a keen eye towards detail and be a collaborative solutions seeker. The role reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Process high volume PO and non-PO related vendor invoices in SAP.
- Ensure all invoices are coded to the correct GL accounts and cost centers.
- Interact professionally, collaboratively but persistently, with management and other departments for invoice dispute resolution, obtaining approvals, and voucher processing.
- Answer vendor inquiries and interact with vendors regarding issues relating to invoices.
- Maintain and organize filing of vendor invoices.
- Reconcile vendor statements and work with buyers to resolve discrepancies.
- Process check requests and wire transfers for AP payments.
- Book accruals for month end close and ensure all costs have been booked in the correct period.
- Review the GRIR account and resolve issues to keep the account current.
- Maintain W9 forms for all vendors.
- Process weekly check runs.
- Assist with quarterly and year end audits for questions relating to AP.
- Comply with and promote corporate policies, procedures and ensure proper internal controls are being followed.
- Special Projects as required.
- SAP experience.
- 3-5 years' experience of Accounts Payable processing.
- Knowledge of sales and use tax.
- Familiarity and experience with procurement cards and employee expense reports.
- Able to work independently with little instruction in a highly organized manner.
- Proficiency in MS Office with knowledge of Excel.
- Experience in processing EDI transactions in SAP.
- Experience with paperless AP processing using work flow software.
- Ability to process over 1000 invoices in a month with high accuracy.
- Innovative and able to thrive in a high paced environment.
- Adaptable to change.
- Able to document processes.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Proactive and timely problem solver.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|