Sr. Applied Science Engineer Demand Media
Sr. Applied Science Engineer
Engineering | Santa Monica, CA, United States
We are hiring key positions in our applied sciences and algorithms team to build our data platform systems to drive our data strategy. The company's success is predicated on our ability to relate our content to our users needs and optimize that experience. Qualified candidates will understand audience mining, content feature extraction, predictive analysis, clustering/classification, advanced IR techniques and practical applications of the data to achieve business advantage and revenue goals.
- Extract and model optimal features from our audience, content, performance and web buzz indices.
- Apply your advanced algorithm design techniques to optimize user interaction, content creation, content delivery and user prediction.
- Implement the algorithms into production systems with measurable results.
- Iterate to improve and refine results.
- Develop pricing models
- Bring new algorithms, approaches and tools to the table in this fast paced and constantly changing discipline.
About Us: Founded in 2006, Demand Media is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA with offices in Kirkland, WA, Austin, TX, New York, NY and London, UK. For more information visit: www.demandmedia.com
- 5 years experience with small and large scale advanced data mining techniques.
- Team based collaborative development process and implementations.
- Experience delivering production algorithms with measurable revenue return a plus.
- Experience with one of Python, Java, C++, C, Linux in a production environment.
- Experience with open source â€œbig dataâ€ components such as Hadoop, hBase, Hive, Pig, etc. a plus.
- Experience with statistical packages like â€œRâ€ or Matlab a plus.
- BS in one of: CS, EE, Math or Physics required. MS or PhD a plus!
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |