Sr. Business Systems Architect Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
The Sr. Business Systems Architect will play a key technical leadership role in defining the ongoing enhancement strategy as well as implementing major business systems projects in the Business Applications Team at Splunk. She/he will be responsible for leading key projects for the Financial, HRIS, and Splunk (X) systems. He/She will oversee the projects ensuring their successful execution and continued alignment with the overall systems architecture and data management direction at Splunk.
The Sr. Business Systems Architect will collaborate with business owners, business systems analysts, and other IT team members to architect, implement and manage secure, reliable, innovative solutions that align with the business needs of Splunk. The Sr. Business Systems architect will understand Splunk's core business strategy to ensure the internal business systems are consistently being maintained and evolved to assist in creating a competitive advantage for Splunk.
Because the role requires a high degree of internal customer interaction, the candidate must have superior communication and influencing skills, an understanding of business process and systems and the ability to organize and prioritize end user issues/requests.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Lead the effort to establish, define, maintain and communicate Business Systems architecture guidelines, standards and best practices across the Enterprise.
- Collaborate closely with other solution architects to define and implement effective and efficient solutions to business challenges and opportunities.
- Guide and mentor delivery teams in all aspects of delivery, process optimization in regards to the Business Systems.
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors.
- Ensure the reliability, efficiency and confidentiality of business systems.
- Perform project design reviews and audits to ensure design objectives are met and standards are followed in the Finance and HRIS applications.
- Develop and maintain design documents, a technical roadmap and investment plan for the evolution of the enterprise data integration platforms and technologies.
- Perform fit-gap analysis of new requirements to existing suite of applications and functionalities.
- Drive the optimization of existing back-office system functionalities and processes, addressing the need for a highly configurable, available and scalable environment.
- Develop solutions that are open and adaptive to business and technology changes.
- Work closely with business SMEs to develop functional solutions that meet business needs and are aligned with the architectural roadmap.
- Validate software quality and conformance to specifications and business requirements through unit/functional testing.
- Responsible for maintaining all assigned business systems documentation.
- Excellent people, presentation, influencing and written communication skills.
- The ability to work with people at a similar level or more senior level internal or external to the company.
- The ability to demonstrate clear oral and written communication skills to all levels within the company and with external vendors and contractors.
- A significant degree of business awareness coupled with a strong customer, service and quality orientation.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- The ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience architecting large scale data systems with at least three large scale implementations with progressively larger degrees of responsibility and scope of implementation specifically focused on data integration.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience with data integration implementation (ETL, change data capture, data replication, and data movement) involving data warehousing and operational systems.
- Working knowledge of Linux, UNIX and Windows operating systems.
- Expert knowledge of various scripting languages, scheduling tools and version control software.
- Solid understanding of transactional and information systems, data warehouses, data marts, ODS, MDM methodologies and life cycles.
- Experience with data analysis, data profiling and data quality techniques, methodologies and tool.
- Excellent planning and execution skills with a proven ability to establish and meet impactful goals and objectives with regard to data integration.
- Proficiency with the MS-Office Suite, particularly with PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and Project required.
Education: Got it!
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with the following SaaS Business Applications: Salesforce.com, NetSuite, Eloqua, or Zuora.
A minimum of a bachelor of science in Computer Science, CIS/MIS or equivalent degree from an accredited four year institution.
A Master's degree in related areas preferred.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂÂ
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED