Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
- Responsible for general accounting and month-end close activities as it relates to manufacturing, inventory and cost of sales, including purchase price, material usage and work order variances, gross margin, freight and labor & overhead, and warranty
- Maintain standard cost for both production and service plants. Prepare and analyze standard cost changes on a quarterly basis. Perform variant configuration costing for sales orders
- Assist Operations in implementing, maintaining and monitoring proper inventory controls and cycle count procedures/auditing
- Prepare monthly management reports as it relates to cost of sales, production analyses, and inventory and variance analyses
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly gross margin analyses (sales, standard cost, freight, manufacturing and other variances)
- Document controls, processes and procedures related to manufacturing finance and cost accounting and ensure SOX 404 compliance
- Assists Global Cost Accounting Manager in special projects and process/system improvements
- Assist with and ensure successful quarterly and year end audits
- Uphold corporate policies in the manufacturing and cost accounting areas
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related area
- Minimum 5 years experience including 3 years of cost accounting in a large manufacturing environment
- Ability to understand the manufacturing environment and the associated financial processes; Knowledge of purchasing, receiving, inventory flow and cost accounting principles a must
- Ability to effectively analyze transactional level detail in an enterprise resource planning system
- Strong business skills and effective understanding of financial, distribution and manufacturing systems
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able to collaborate and build positive relationships with other teams within Finance as well as departments outside Finance to effectively make recommendations, implement process improvements, etc.
- Excellent Excel skills and the ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Action-oriented and solution-driven and able to work in a fast pace environment
- Analytical, continuous learner, creative thinker
- Strong leader, with initiative and effective decision-making skills
- Attention to details and strong organizational skills
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.