Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to support our Credit Department.
The daily responsibilities will fluctuate based on the needs of the organization but broadly include:
- Review and negotiate non-routine contracts and credit offerings with automotive lenders as an advocate for the Tesla customer
- Represent the Tesla customers' interests in a thoughtful, detailed, and honest manner in negotiations with automotive lenders
- Build strong working relationships with outside lender personnel including credit analysts, funders, sales representatives and managers based on mutual benefit
- Assist Tesla customers in selecting a lender offer based solely on maximizing the customers' overall Tesla experience
- Complete the placement of contracts with lending banks including all required and requested stipulations in a fast and efficient manner to maximize cash flow for the company
- Review, analyze and underwrite complex auto leases within company guidelines.
- Review and decision a high volume of applications on a daily basis with the goal of industry-leading turnaround time
- Review financial statements, credit reports, applicable debt ratios and loan-to-value ratios in order to make credit decisions that mitigate future risk for the company.
- Build strong working relationships with the Sales/Marketing Team, Sales Admin Team, and all Tesla team members
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 2-4 years experience in analyzing and decisioning consumer auto loans and leases for a captive automotive finance company or major bank
- 2-4 years experience in the negotiation of consumer loan terms between automobile dealers and the financing lender for consumer auto loans and leases
- Expertise in reviewing consumer credit reports including Experian, Equifax, and Trans Union.
- Proven ability to perform credit risk analysis
- The highest level of integrity and accountability
- Knowledge of Consumer Auto Finance and FCRA and ECOA rules
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to work independently and think creatively with a proven track record of execution
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.