Sr. Data Engineer Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sr. Data Engineer
Engineering | Santa Monica, CA, United States
We are seeking motivated engineers of all levels to design, implement and scale our data strategy and services. The company's success is directly related to the capability of our data platform and analytics function. This is our top priority and we need great engineers like you.
You will learn to apply all the latest techniques in data scaling, clustering, engineering, compression and delivery for a global top 20 publisher. Boost your experience, career growth and opportunities by joining our world class team building industry leading data insight systems. We have assembled a top team here that will help you grow your career and learn optimal data engineering techniques.
Key skills and experiences:
- Participate in the development and growth of Demand Media's data platform, collecting transaction data from many sources, ensuring breadth, depth and quality of information on which our services are based.
- Participate in implementing our data strategy, design and architecture while working with application development teams on how to utilize the capabilities of our data platform to deliver amazing services to our customers
- Provide the infrastructure to power our content mining, classification, content optimization to provide a world class experience.
- Use your data skills to provide a high availability, massive scale, always on, 100% verified accurate system that performs within SLA.
- Understand the business needs so that you can translate open questions to solved insights that motivate our entire team to do more.
- Participate in design and code reviews bringing an open mind to your work and a helpful eye for others.
- Experience with one of a mission critical ETL, data warehouse, hadoop cluster, or business intelligence systems a plus.
- Experience with team based collaborative development including peer review, unit test and test driven development.
- Experience with one of Python, Java, C++, C, Linux in a production environment.
- Experience with open source â€œbig dataâ€ components such as Hadoop, hBase, Hive, Pig, a plus.
- Desire to learn, share, grow and be part of a great team, REQUIRED.
- BS in CS, EE, Math or Physics required. MS preferred.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED