Sr. Data Engineer Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sr. Data Engineer
Engineering | Santa Monica, CA, United States
The Sr. Data Engineer will join our BI team to support a fast growing business within Demand Media. We are looking for someone with a good mix of analytical, business, and technical skills. The ideal candidate will have a curious mind, solid SQL skills, a passion for solving complex analytical problems and a drive to build up the infrastructure to support further analysis/reporting.
- Work with a driven and highly motivated team to assist with analysis and decision making that impacts growth, performance and revenue generation.
- Provide adhoc reports on key business metrics to senior management and work with the team to get regular reports automated.
- Write complex and efficient SQL queries to pull, summarize and analyze data from multiple data sources.
- Work with the engineering team to make sure the site is properly instrumented for the metrics we want to measure and track
- Design new database schema for new aggregates of existing data as well as new data sources
- Create Tableau reports for data visualizations and regular report delivery
- Perform peer code and design reviews
- Write unit and integration tests to ensure data consistency and quality
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to understand complex inter-system and process dependencies as well as a proven track record of managing and delivering multiple simultaneous projects on-time and ensuring the highest levels of data quality and integrity.
- Solid grasp of relational database concepts
- 5yrs of Solid SQL skills â€" postgress preferable, mysql works
- Experience with full Software Development Lifecycle and Agile project delivery methodologies.
- Must be a self-starter who is able to manage multiple priorities with minimal guidance and supervision
- Experience with Hadoop and Pig are a bonus
- Ability to write or learn scripting languages such as Python
- BS/AA in computer science, engineering, mathematics, information technology or similar field
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED