Infor delivers fully integrated enterprise solutions for a wide range of industries, as well as best-in-class, stand-alone products that address the essential challenges its customers face in areas such as enterprise resource planning, supply chain planning and execution, customer and supplier relationship management, asset management, product lifecycle management, financial and performance management, and business intelligence. With over 12,000 employees and offices in over 150 countries, Infor provides enterprise solutions to more than 70,000 customers. For additional information, visit
LOCATION: St. Paul, MN Office
Performs/supervises day-to-day database maintenance including creating backups, editing indexes, performing installations and upgrades of databases. Responsible for resolving problems with performance of databases which also includes database tuning to tackle scalability issues. Provides input in designing the structure of the database. The senior advisory level is for a â€œguruâ€ administrator and requires leading-edge skills in the latest areas of new technology. Incumbent is able to operate unsupervised and is called on to consult for the most complex projects.
40% Confers with managers regarding problems with and capabilities of various internal and customer databases.
* Advises managers on platform upgrades.
* Co-ordinates with vendor support for maintenance issues
* Recommends systems changes to programming management.
30% Controls the activities related to database planning and development.
* Creates tables and assists in the design of the basic structure of the database along with maintenance of database scripts.
* Assists with establishing policies and procedures pertaining to database management, security, maintenance, and utilization.
* Sets and monitors standards.
20% Provide assistance to less experienced Database Administrators.
10% Prepares periodic reports regarding unit's activities and goals attainment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· BS / MS in Computer Science or MIS.
· 7-10 yrs experience in database administration or support.
· 5-10 yrs experience working with medium to large SQL Server Databases
· 5+ yrs of Transact-SQL
· Experience with state of the art application infrastructure environments, and enterprise integration technologies.
· Excellent skills in new product evaluation, architecture, implementation, and integration with SQL Server
· Knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts
· Experience with current Internet Technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, XML, HTTP, HTTP, DHTML, Application Servers, etc.)
· Experience tuning individual SQL queries, database applications, and optimizing databases for performance
· Experience in a production environment with SQL Server 2005 or 2008
· Experience in a production environment with Oracle is a plus
· Experience with C#, Java and/or other object oriented programming languages is a plus.