Sr. DBA (SQL Server 2008/R2, very large OLTP/DW databases, etc.) Certona Corporation
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Certona has been selected again (as of 2013) as a Top Personalization Leader for five consecutive years (never been done before) on Internet Retailer's Top 500 Guide. This is something that we're all very proud of here!
Mile High View:
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of corporate and customer databases.
- The successful candidate will have a passion for large, high-volume databases and data warehouses and will be expected to present, implement, and leverage new ideas for systems, application, and technology improvements.
- Manage production and corporate databases, policies, and procedures and work closely with the operations, development, and implementation teams.
- Maintain multiple very large OLTP and data warehouse databases (1 TB+) and hundreds of smaller data warehouse databases, including storage allocation, health monitoring, repair, file group placement, and RAID layout
- Diagnose and resolve problems, including event log analysis and resolution
- Create and maintain database backups
- Create and configure databases, including automated customer database deployments
- Define and implement database security policies
- Administer database maintenance plans/execution and related activity
- Implement database source control and deployment procedures using TFS
- Deploy and synchronize database revisions across hundreds of databases (also through TFS)
- Deploy and administer Analysis Services solutions.
- Deploy and administer Reporting Services solutions.
- Implement database monitoring and operational notifications (including applicable client distribution lists)
- Assist with database design, performance tuning, and security, with eye to optimizing administration
- Design and code T-SQL queries and stored procedures in support of the above activities
- 5+ years experience as a database administrator or engineer supporting a Microsoft SQL Server database (e-commerce or web analytics experience preferred but not required)
- Experience administering SQL Server 2008/R2, including Enterprise Edition
- Strong hands-on experience in performing administration functions such as installations and configurations, creating and updating databases, and backups and restores.
- Skilled with automating tasks, scheduling and monitoring jobs including error logging, connectivity troubleshooting and server/database security
- Strong, demonstrable proficiency in SQL 2008/R2, Integration Services, Reporting Services, Analysis Services, and T-SQL
- Experience in database optimization and performance tuning, including:
- SQL, T-SQL and SSIS queries
- Index creation and rebuilds
- Triggers, views and stored procedures
- Microsoft Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Microsoft SQL Server Profiler
- Application/Database design and troubleshooting experience
- Knowledgeable of database schema and indexing best practices
- Working knowledge of application development and support processes
- Database source control using TFS and Visual SourceSafe
- Comfortable with Microsoft Operating Systems, applications, and technologies, including Windows Server 2008, MSMQ, IIS, and .Net
- SQL Server 2012 experience
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or 2012 certification
- SQL Server application development
- Message Queuing technologies such as MSMQ 4.0 and later
- Log analysis
- High Availability: Replication, clustering, database mirroring
- Table Partitioning
- Backup/restore strategies: partial, differential, piecemeal.
- Third-party reporting or BI tools
- Storage Area Networks (SANs), especially Compellent
- Understanding (and experience preferred) with the following technologies: XML, XSLT, ASP.Net, C#, and SOA
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As of 2015 San Diego-based Certona was selected seven consecutive years as the Top Personalization Leader on Internet Retailer's Top 500 Guide. This is something that we're all very proud of here.
5 - 20M RaisedInvestors: ABS Ventures All Jobs: at Certona Corporation
|Headquarters:||9530 Towne Centre Drive|
San Diego, CA 92121
|Company Profile:||At Certona, our vision is to intelligently optimize and personalize the entire customer experience for each individual across all touch points, including their web site experience, e-mail, mobile, in-store, call center and social networks.
As the Pioneers of Personalization, we're a dynamic company that's shaping the world of personalized product and content recommendations for social, mobile and ecommerce applications. Our employees love working here, mostly for the fast pace, rapid growth, fun people, and great benefits. Not to mention, we're only one block from the beach in beautiful Del Mar, California.
We offer a competitive benefits package and the opportunity to work with some of the greatest technical and creative minds in the industry.
Support Certona Corporation with Social Media services