Sr. Delivery Manager, Education Services Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
MUST be located near San Francisco or Cupertino
A training manager is responsible for managing the people and processes of technical training delivery. This manager will directly supervise U.S. instructors
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Develop and monitor public and on-site training schedule.
- Apply fill rate metrics to optimize the public schedule.
- Use performance analysis to improve the training organization.
- Plan and promote organizational change.
Design and Development
- Use technology to enhance the training function.
- Continuously seek processes to improve the efficiency of training services offered.
- Manage, lead, develop, & motivate the team
- Apply management skills to the training function.
- Apply business skills to the training function.
- Monitor course evaluations.
- Follow-up / resolve customer satisfaction issues.
- Solves complex support issues effectively.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 5-10 years experience with training & educational instructing within a enterprise software company
- Enterprise Software a MUST
- Two years managing a team
- Experience recruiting and growing teams (not teams already in place)
- At least one year delivering or managing virtual training
- Two years managing a profit center with knowledge of revenue programs)
- Manage and mentor people
- Create scalable, non-bureaucratic processes
- Written and spoken communication that is clear and concise
- Manage to budget while proposing new opportunities to grow revenue
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence others in a cross-functional team
- Experience from a company such as (or similar): McAfee, BMC, EMC, Oracle, BEA, Autodesk, Salesforce, Cisco, Compuware, Informatica, MarkLogic, Tibco, SAP, Microsoft etc.
- Commute to our San Francisco office 2-3 times per week
- MBA or advance degree in the above is a plus
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has 5,600 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco with offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED