Sr. Director, Ad Operations Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sr. Director, Ad Operations
Business Development | Santa Monica, CA, United States
The Sr. Director, Ad Operations will play a key role in scaling and refining the Demand Media's advertising platforms, Ad operation teams, policies & the evolution of our ad products and service model. The role will manage an Operations team responsible for delivering operational excellence and innovation across both Demand Media advertising sales teams as well as best practices working with ad technology partners, integrating data, technology and optimization disciplines. This job will work closely with the Technology, Product, Marketing & Site teams.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a motivated leader who can effectively work across divisions to deliver innovative solutions that drive increased efficiency & revenue capacity.
-Strategic oversight of DFP and other internal ad platforms and products, including display, video, mobile, rich media and unique products based in the mobile app ecosystems.
- Ensure compatibility leading edge ad solutions for Demand Media thru in house development& external partnerships, driving strategic business analysis and requirements of products and platforms.
- Support aggressive revenue objectives, while using executive-level judgment to balance the right business and customer trade offs in support of best in class advertisers.
- Drive scale and operational excellence across the business lifecycle. Have a firm grasp of prospect-to-order-to-billing processes, and work cross-functionally to lead and impact efficiency projects.
-Evaluation of new technologies, market trends and industry best practices across the digital advertising landscape, specifically in the mobile, ad exchange and RTB areas.
- Define requirements, develop roadmaps, prioritize features and launch products in aclear and coordinated effort with Product, Technology and Project Management teams.
- Work closely with Marketing and Product teams to develop go-to market strategies and roadmaps.
- Work closely with the executive team, Product, Technology, and Marketing organizations to ensure that our products and services meet the evolving needs of current and future clients.
- Help drive the research, analytics & yield optimization strategy across the Demand Media network
- Lead,coach and mentor a cross functional team: Creative Quality Assurance, Vendor Certification, Ad Operations Support Engineering & Revenue Platform Product Management
- B.A. orB.S. degree or equivalent.
- 8+ years experience in Internet advertising industry; ad operations and/or ad-related technical experience.
- 5+ years experience in managing personnel and complex activities.
- 5+ years supporting a sales driven organization.
- Experience managing 10+ people across multiple remote locations.
- Experience in offshoring development and processes
- Passion for product and the digital advertising space.
-Expertise in the ad serving & ad operations field - Direct experience working with rich media, ad serving, ad network/exchange & yield management solutions.
- Sound technical knowledge of related systems and an understanding of project management fundamentals, web operations, the online advertising space and the complexity of technology as it relates to online ads & ad campaign management.
- Internet media operations or site publishing/production experience a plus.
-Knowledge of the online advertising industry, trends, technologies and pricing models.
-Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills - flexible,personable attitude.
- Ability to compile and analyze performance data and metrics.
- Proven ability to accommodate evolving responsibilities and last minute changes.
- Strong decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills with proven ability to identify and prioritize critical issues.
-Excellent project-management and time-management skills with proven ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment.
- Proven ability to lead, manage and grow teams.
- Must be able to translate strategy into a tactical plan & implement the plan.
-Understands strategic demand and supply management including techniques and procedures that drive results from prospecting to realizing revenue to billing.
-Experience with one or more Internet ad exchange, management or targeted marketing applications (e.g., Admeld, Pubmatic, DoubleClick DART / DFP, 24/7Real Media, AdX, etc.) required. Multiple applications experience preferred.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED