Sr. Electrical Engineer, Body Electrics Tesla Motors
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
Tesla provides a rare opportunity to work for a company with: exciting challenges, great opportunities for broad responsibility, truly beneficial products, high-visibility and name recognition, and competitive salary, stock options, and benefits. This position is in Palo Alto, California.
- Design of electrical architecture and electronic circuits, processor selection and integration, system timing and bus loading.
- Designing hardware, sourcing components, developing schematics, managing layout, and testing prototypes to validate hardware.
- Broad expertise with Automotive communication networks (CAN,LIN,Ethernet) and modules (3G,GPS, body controller).
- Contributing to vehicle-level systems engineering: architecture issues relating to communications, functionality trade-offs, grounding and EMC strategy, user interface.
- Develop component-level requirements to meet the vehicle program requirements.
- Demonstrated technical depth and breadth in analog and digital circuit analysis and design for high volume product development (minimum 3 years)
- Minimum of one lifecycle in board development for high-volume manufacturing and required test methods.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in managing suppliers and/or contract manufacturers through the specification of requirements, development of DFMEA, planning and execution of full validation, through to stable production.
- Knowledge and experience in designing for environmental constraints (temp, humidity, and vibration), regulatory compliance and product debug (EMC/EMI, ESD, transients, etc).
- Be skilled driving team-members from multiple disciplines to reach fact-based decisions.
- Demonstrated success working in a matrix organization, across multiple engineering disciplines including Software Engineering, Test and Manufacturing Teams.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED