Sr. Engineer- Field Quality Closures Tesla Motors
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Palo Alto, California-based, Tesla Motors uses proprietary technology, world-class design, and state-of-the-art manufacturing processes to create a new generation of highway capable electric vehicles. We utilize an innovative distribution model based on Company-owned sales and service centers. This approach allows us to maintain the highest levels of customer experience and benefit from short customer feedback loops to ensure our customer needs are fulfilled. We believe our operational infrastructure provides us with a competitive advantage compared to traditional automobile manufacturers.
This role follows the reliability lifecycle of the product, from concept to design, development, manufacturing, field operation, and field returns to design-in, confirm and grow exceptional reliability at every stage.
- Facilitate Design FMEA sessions in order to drive reliable design choices and improve validation test planning.
- Set Reliability requirements for components, subsystems, and assemblies. Knowledge of the reliability methods to build in and validate that the targets are met.
- Analyze usage and environmental conditions from the field in order to improve requirement setting and testing methods.
- Create Fault Trees and reliability block diagrams to assess system reliability.
- Devise accelerated test methods to explore failure modes and grow reliability.
- Spec out reliability validation plans for components and subsystems.
- Facilitate failure analysis to understand root cause and drive resolution for failures originating in testing and from the field.
- Work with manufacturing quality, service engineering, supplier quality and design teams to facilitate field failure resolution.
- Conduct in-depth Life Data Analyses (aka Weibull) in order to support all investigations.
- Provide reliability design guidelines and apply reliability lessons learned to enable continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of the ReliaSoft Synthesis Platform, including Weibull++, BlockSim, ALTA, RGA, and xFMEA.
- Knowledge of database structures and practical understanding and use of SQL. Experience in working with large data sets. Experience with Tableau for big data analytics.
- Knowledge of methods to design-in reliability for electronics, including experience with the Sherlock software.
- Working knowledge of applied statistics and experience with statistical software such as JMP.
- Knowledge of reliability growth techniques, such as Crow-AMSAA and Crow Extended.
- Understanding of fleet reliability monitoring metrics and reliability KPIs.
- Knowledge of reliability warranty analysis and reliability prediction methods.
- Working knowledge of failure analysis techniques such as optical microscopy, SEM, CSAM, X-ray, cross-sectioning,and EDX.
- Experience working with complex electro-mechanical systems.
- ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering and one or more years of industry experience in a reliability engineering role or Master's or PhD degree in Reliability Engineering.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED