Sr. Engineer Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Minimum Technical Qualifications
- Author and automate test plans,test specification for the product features. Develop test configuration and scenarios that mimics the customer use cases
- Work across QE teams inside and outside of Splunk Core Platform group to help insure high quality releases on time.
- Manage multiple priorities concurrently & ensure that tasks are completed on schedule
- Proactively identify project issues and risks, with helpful resolution strategies for the management to make informed, accurate decisions among available choices
- Customer focus, ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and being able to multi-task on multiple products and projects.
- Define,generate and produce QE specific metrics for the varying levels of consumers
- Offer help to junior engineers to debug,troubleshoot their problems, be a mentor for the junior engineers and interns
- Participate in design and architectural review of Splunk features to voice QE concerns and ensure QE's views are articulated properly.
- Assist in augmenting the automation harness
- Research and review the test productivity tools/libraries, recommend them to improve the overall productivity of the QE team.
- Actively engage with customer issues and make sure those issues are converted to a executable test case
- Ability to question the status quo and make things happen to improve the customer experience without compromising qualityâ€¨
Education - BS/MS in CS (or equivalent) Desirable
- 7+ years progressive experience in Software QE with focus on testing backend enterprise server components
- Proficiency in Perl/Java or Python.
- Demonstrated ability to think through complex technical issues
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have experience in a technical capacity and quality methodology/process/techniques in order to provide guidance and leadership to junior team members is required.
- Experience in testing or simulating distributed systems
- Disciplined with an agile background able to plan daily, size accurately and deliver on time. Be a metrics driven person
- 4+ Years of strong experience in writing/designing automated tests/frameworks in Java/Python/Perl
- Expert level Unix/Linux experience
- Experience with internet protocols such as REST, JSON, and XML/ATOM/RSS
- Strong networking fundamentals TCP/UDP,HTTP/SSL/TLS, NFS
- Familiarity in SQL and database concepts
- Strong testing background and familiarity with tools like TestNG,py.test and Selenium/Webdriver
- Strong understanding of all aspects of the QE role, and application testing
- Experience in developing and fostering relationships cross functionally with program, product, & engineering managers
- Self-starter, team player, highly organized, infrastructure and process-oriented
- Experience in any code coverage, memory profiling tools
- Experience in any source control tool
- Experience in building test environments, configuration management and/or automation using tools like Puppet
- Experience in defining and running performance tests, and L10N/I18N testing
- Exposure to AWS
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED