Sr. Financial Analyst - Cupertino Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Support the Director, Sales Finance in developing, implementing and maintaining an effective financial planning and analysis capability. Provide senior management with appropriate tools to establish goals and measure performance of the Company's business operations. Assist in the preparation of presentations in support of senior leadership meetings and board presentations. Work with team members to come with ideas and best ways to solve complex challenges.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Location: Candidate should be located in or around Cupertino.
- Develop annual operating plans, monthly financial forecasts and ongoing analysis of actuals versus plan and/or forecast.
- Develop and execute processes to allow for routine analytical reviews of Company financial and operational performance.
- Develop and monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances. Work with team members to enhance business unit and product line financial and operational performance trends (historical and forecasted) using appropriate metrics.
- Provide counsel to the Director, Sales Finance on financial matters that focus on expense control and profitability of the business. Suggest trends, resulting implications, key actions and strategic implications.
- Take lead role in the implementation and maintenance of Host Analytics.
- Develop and/or enhance policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the financial planning & analysis function and organization.
- Collaborate with various functional departments as appropriate.
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying concepts, practices and procedures of financial planning and analysis. Superior forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Significant experience completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight timeframes with minimal supervision.
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated. Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Strong financial acumen broadly across an organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, Chart of Accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.)
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of presenting complex financial information in an easy to understand format.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in an open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality.
- Advanced system skills (NetSuite, Great Plains, Microsoft Excel). NetSuite experience a plus.
- Host Analytics experience a plus.
- Sales Finance experience a plus.
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance. CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 4-6 years of relevant FP&A experience in a high growth organization. Experience in computer software/information technology industry preferred
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, â€œFun Fridaysâ€.
This isn't a job â€" it's a life changer â€" are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.ÂÂ
||Candidate should be |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED