Sr. Hadoop Administrator- SRO Turn
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
Turn is looking for an experienced Sr. Hadoop Administrator to join the SRO Team. As a member of Site Reliability Operations (SRO), you'll be managing Turn's 24x7 Petabyte scale Hadoop clusters. You'll get the chance to take on complex and interesting problems as part of a fast-paced, highly collaborative team. We've built a complex analytics system around Hadoop & Hive for scalability and high availability. It's imperative that you approach administration with an emphasis on repeatability, testability and consistency. The demands on this system are increasing rapidly as we grow the user base and add more functionality. We're looking for an individual who can help us continue to scale our systems.
- Architect, build, and scale big data infrastructure to meet the needs of all data consumers
- Develop and maintain operational best practices for smooth operation of big data clusters
- Design, configure and manage the backup and disaster recovery for Hadoop data
- Optimize and tune the Hadoop environment to meet the performance requirements
- Install and configure monitoring tools for the Hadoop environment
- Work with big data developers, designers and scientists in troubleshooting map reduce job failures and issues with Hive, Pig, Hbase, etc.
- Perform periodic on-call duty as part of a team maintaining the availability and performance of the Turn Campaign and Audience platform, as well as the various internal services and systems that these core services depend on
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in deploying and administering a multi petabyte Hadoop cluster
- A deep understanding of Hadoop design principals and the factors that affect distributed system performance
- Well versed in installing & managing distributions of Hadoop (CDH3, CDH4, Cloudera manager, MapR, Hortonworks, etc.
- Strong software development or scripting skills - Java development a plus.
- Experience supporting redundant systems with 24X7 availability requirements
- Good knowledge of Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Can speak and understand the language of big data scientists
- Strong knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem and associated components - Pig, Hive, HBase, Zookeeper, etc.
- Strong knowledge supporting, installing, and configuring Linux based systems
- Strong knowledge of open source monitoring tools such as Nagios, Graphite, OpenTSDB
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
||Redwood City, CA 94063 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED