Sr. Information Developer/Technical Writer Infor Global Solutions, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sr. Information Developer/Technical Writer
USA, St. Paul,380 St. Peter Street
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Infor is the third largest provider of enterprise applications and services, helping 70,000 customers in 194 countries improve operations, drive growth and quickly adapt to changes in business demands. Infor offers deep industry-specific applications and suites, engineered for speed, using ground-breaking technology that delivers a rich user experience, and flexible deployment options that give customers a choice to run their businesses in the cloud, on-premises or both. For additional information, visit www.infor.com.
JOB POSITION: Information Developer, Senior
JOB LOCATION: USA, St. Paul, MN at 380 St. Peter Street 55102
JOB SUMMARY: The Information Developer plans, organizes, and writes online help, user, installation, and release-related documentation for business software. The Information Developer interacts with programmers, business analysts, quality assurance specialists, and customer support and field services consultants.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: * Gather information, interpret product business and technical designs, and organize content for documentation projects.
* Determine important information about a product, function, or task from the audience perspective; provide key content that enables users to use a software application effectively.
* Write content that is clear, concise, grammatically correct, and adheres to standards.
* Work with designated reviewers to ensure technical accuracy and appropriateness of documentation.
* Manage documentation projects, including multi-writer, multi-location projects.
* Balance multiple projects and follow through on project deadlines and deliverables.
* Participate in internal projects to continuously improve the quality of documentation processes and deliverables
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum Bachelor's degree in technical writing and information design, business, English, or related field.
* Minimum 6 years of experience in technical writing, with at least 4 years of experience in software documentation.
REQUIRED SKILLS: * Expert knowledge of English language.
* Experience using industry standard technical writing authoring tools such as XMetal, Arbortext Editor, FrameMaker, or RoboHelp.
* Experience using multiple computer operating systems, file management tools, and common office application tools.
* Experience with markup languages, such as XML, SGML, or HTML.
* Ability to work productively with software development teams in the same or different locations and to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
* Experience with managing large documentation projects.
PREFERRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
* Knowledge of or experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning software, particularly with Supply Chain, Financials, and Human Resources applications.
* Knowledge of or ability to learn XML and DITA authoring tools.
* Knowledge of or ability to learn content management systems.
* Ability to collaborate with and manage the work of colleagues in remote locations.
* Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies
* Strong analytical, negotiation, and problem solving skills.
* Competent visual design knowledge and ability to use tools to produce diagrams.
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Infor, please call (678) 319-8000 or email us at ADAAA@infor.com.
Send to Friend
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED