Sr IT Project Manager Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sr IT Project Manager
IT | Kirkland, WA, United States
If you are an experienced IT Project Manager, who can thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented, and project-driven environment, this is an exciting opportunity to join our domain services team in Kirkland, WA. We are a leading end to end domain name services provider, operating a platform that makes it easy for consumers and businesses to buy and sell domains.
This is also an opportunity to join a passionate and motivated team that is in the process of becoming a standalone public company. In February 2013, Demand Media announced that that it was exploring the separation of its existing business into two independent, publicly-traded companies: a pure play media company and a pure play domain services company.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans (timelines and milestones) and associated communication documents.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and track milestones and deliverables.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, dependencies, critical path and devise contingency plans.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Ensure project documentation is complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on project engagements.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Liaise with the project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field and three years project management experience in an Information Technology environment; OR,
- Five years project management experience in a cross-functional Information Technology environment; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience with more than one development process or style
- Experience with multiple time zones and locations a preference
- Knowledge of the techniques for managing cross-functional teams
- Ability to be effective in a fast-paced environment, with multiple projects
- Strong familiarity with project management tools and software
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong verbal, written, and analytical skills and the ability to communicate and interact with all members of projects
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Ability to travel (~20%)
- Ability to work extended hours to meet project deadlines when required
About Us: Founded in 2006, Demand Media is headquartered in Santa Monica, CA with offices in Kirkland, WA, Austin, TX, New York, NY, Denver, CO, Ireland and London, UK. For more information visit: www.demandmedia.com
We are an equal opportunity employer M/F.
<< Back to Current Openings
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED