Sr. Java Developer for opensource solutions Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Splunk is looking for an experienced Java Open Source developer who has experience with Hadoop Cassandra and distributed systems to work on challenging problems relating to current and future products powered by the core Splunk engine. This position will focus on the improvements to current and BETA products as well as taking the initiative to do research, collaborate with teams and build prototypes for our future. Founded in 2004 and headquartered in San Francisco, Splunk has global offices in Europe and Asia and employees staged across 8 countries. We build software that lets you search, report, monitor and analyze live-streaming and historical data across the entire IT infrastructure, from one place and in real time. Our employees are some of the brightest minds and we need you to join our team to help shape the future of our platform and future products.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Your role is very diverse. You could participate in (project)teams to develop solutions for our core products, prototyping, working with customers, solving difficult issues or develop new products. Other activities include:
Responsible for more complex implementations and you may work as lead or contributor based on the project
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- Develop solutions for web UI, back-end systems and clients
- Work in house or sometimes on site with customers
- Interact with customers (internal and external), advise and provide technical input
- Spent at least one day per week working on your own (research)projects, testing new tools or technologies or other (creative) idea's you would like to commit back to Open Source
- Participate in projects with Apache software foundation members
- Implementing, performance tuning and troubleshooting all aspects of the Common Platform
- Work with documentation team and QA to verify all issues are tested and documentation is complete on any solution
Education: Got it!
- Extensive knowledge of Java
- Minimum 5 years in working with distributed systems and Open Source software
- Hands on Architecture + Development
- Experience developing against Cassandra, Hbase or Hadoop
- Interested in open source projects, such as Apache Cassandra or Hadoop
- Must be a team player, but willing to work on your own as needed.
Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Engineering discipline or Equivalent work experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has 5,600 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco with offices around the world.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED