Sr. Java Software Engineer Outcome Software, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Job Description
Sr. Java Software Engineer-1316923
Outcome, the real-world and late phase research company of Quintiles, is the global market leader in patient registries, peri and post-approval studies, data, and integrated technologies for evaluating real-world outcomes. We provide services and technologies focused on evaluating the safety, effectiveness, value, and quality of healthcare products, therapies, and services. Our teams have designed and implemented an industry-leading number of real-world studies including many of the largest and most well-recognized programs for disease outcomes, safety, and risk management
Under general direction, formulates and defines system scope and objectives. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities. May be responsible for completion of a phase of a
project. Regularly provides guidance and training to less-experienced engineers.
- Accurately estimates the magnitude and time requirements to complete for projects. Provides accurate and timely updates to project manager and/or team lead on progress.
- Writes designs for new systems, or changes to existing systems.
- Designs, writes and performs unit, integration or system testing which includes development of test plans.
- Participates in peer review of work products such as code, designs, and test plans produced by other team members.
- Assists other team members, serving as an 'expert' either in the business application, development technologies or Software Development Lifecycle processes (such as reviewing, designing and testing).
- Works with the documentation team to assure new functionality is properly documented.
- Serves as level 4 support, troubleshooting problems, providing workarounds and producing patches for customers as required.
- Performs other duties as needed.
A bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 6 years of professional work experience, or master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience is required.
- Strong web development background (Servlet, JSP, JSF, velocity template).
- 5+ years programming in Java
- Strong SQL and PLSQL background.
- Some web service background
- Experience with Maven
- Experience working with the Visitor Design pattern
- RDBMS system (proficiency in one of the following: Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Possess good communication skills
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment where you can multi-task, triage issues, and work independently
- Experience with load, performance, and profiling tools (JMeter, YourKit, JProfiler)
- Experience working in a Linux Environment.
Primary Location: USA-Massachusetts-Cambridge
Organization: USA02 - US Clinical Development Svcs
||Cambridge, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED