Sr. LAN/WAN Engineer Tesla Motors
Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. In Q1 of 2013 Tesla has delivered more than 10,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Tesla's Model S is the world's first premium sedan designed and engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle and was named Automobile Magazine's 2013 Automobile of the YearÂ® and Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the YearÂ®.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to support our Enterprise Network.
- Operate and maintain enterprise network Prepare, configure, and manage routers and switches for deployment to a local or a remote site; Troubleshoot and remedy enterprise network problems; Research and recommend network optimization; Design and implement enterprise networks; Perform network equipment software and configuration upgrades.
- Ability to train other engineers on specific technologies.
- Analysis, design, testing, documentation, implementation/configuration and support of WAN/LAN/MAN and converged network technologies.
- Perform network architecture reviews and develop detailed engineering design and deployment plans.
- Day to day monitoring and performance and tuning of the WAN and LAN functionality. Perform network architecture reviews and develop detailed engineering design and deployment plans.
- On-call for escalated issues.
- Experience in local and wide area networking, communications, within a multi-platform network environment. Knowledge of: LAN/WAN; VLANs, VoIP, OSPF, BGP, and ACLs
- Cisco Certification - CCNP or CCIE or equivalent
- Technical B.S. degree required or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, experience and certifications..
- Extensive knowledge of IP networking and applications running over networks
- Hands-on network & application troubleshooting experience
- Experience with routing protocols (OSPF, BGP)
- Understanding of how Telecommunication Service Providers install, test, and troubleshoot circuits; excellent computer skills including WIN2k and Unix.
- World-class skills in interfacing with customers and is willingness to go the "extra-mile" to assist them.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, to include resources, priorities, and timelines.
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
||Deer Creek, AR |