Do you want to actually look forward to Monday mornings?
You can at Workday! We embody the qualities of a great company, offer world-class products and services, listen to our employees, empower creativity and innovation, and celebrate a job well done. Itâs that simple, and has earned us the #1 ranking on two 2012 âBest Places to Workâ surveys (as voted by our own employees).
Workday is looking for Senior Linux Systems Administrator to join our Cloud Operations team. With a fast growing customer base and a Software-as-Service model, you need to constantly think security, scalability, and reliability. You must enjoy the fast pace of an Internet company where the requirements for the data center infrastructure will change rapidly. Your daily work will have a direct impact on our customers and our business. You won't be bored with repetitive tasks as you'll be busy growing your skills as the company grows. As we are growing rapidly we need to constantly grow our team of experienced systems engineers with people who have the knowledge, desire and ability to manage multiple thousands of servers. This successful candidate needs to be a self-starter who can dive head first into an experienced and agile team and get up to speed in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
* Work as a member of a global team administering large 7 x 24 cloud platforms
* Performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting of Linux/Unix servers
* Will be part of the 7 x 24 on-all schedule
* Will be responsible for testing, planning and implementing changes during regular maintenance windows
* Will work closely with development teams, architects and environment teams to deliver multiple projects
* 5-10 yearâs expertise in designing, building, operating, and troubleshooting large-scale Linux/Unix-based systems
* Demonstrated ability to build scalable web-based systems that support rapid growth
* Production support experience is required
* Good working knowledge of all layers of Linux/Unix technology stack is required â Network, Operating systems, Storage, etc
* Good communication and teamwork skills required for rapid company growth
* Technical degree or work experience equivalent
|Location:||Pleasanton, CA |
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588