Sr. Manager, Product Marketing-Technology Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Workday is actively looking for an outstanding, out-bound oriented Sr. Product Marketing Manager with the experience, creativity, drive and pedigree to help revolutionize the SaaS-based Enterprise Business Applications marketplace. This is a very hands-on, multi-faceted, and dynamic position.
Workdayâs proven Software-as-a-Service Enterprise Business Applications have changed the market forever. Already recognized as a leader, Workday has its eyes set on challenging the industry titans of the âon premise worldâ and building the best team in the industry. We are looking for an experienced product marketer to help us own this new market segment.
The key objective of this position is to work with a team to drive the positioning, messaging, sales enablement, and sales tools development for Workdayâs Technology Platform and Services. This role will also help to drive the strategy and planning efforts to drive awareness and to accelerate customer demand, through market research and outreach to the key market influencers in the media, industry analyst, and blogging communities. This is a very out-bound oriented Product Marketing role.
The Sr. Product Marketing Manager will work with a core team to implement product positioning and go-to-market strategies to support Workdayâs sales and marketing organizations. This person will work closely with senior marketing leadership and functional departments including Demand Generation, Product Strategy, Product Management, Services and Sales to proactively support the field and partner channels with effective positioning, marketing assets, product education, and competitive differentiation. This person must have deep knowledge and expertise of the enterprise applications and application middleware markets.
Position Responsibilities: Sr. Product Marketing Manager
- Perform thorough market research and competitive analysis to understand and effectively communicate the market dynamics and customer needs
- Create Product Marketing plans, including market segmentation, positioning, packaging and pricing alternatives for Workdayâs technology platform and services
- Work closely with Product Strategy and Product Management to ensure market requirements are represented in product roadmaps and releases
- Create product collateral, including white papers, website content, data sheets and presentations to support Workdayâs outbound communication, demand generation, and sales efforts
- Be a strong advocate and spokesperson for Workdayâs products and services in industry forums, AR/PR activities and relationships
- Plan and execute detailed cross-organizational product launch plans
- Create and communicate effective competitive analysis and positioning (against current and potential competitors) and the associated sales tools
- Support Workdayâs marketing efforts to design and execute on marketing campaigns, including:
- Website strategy and online advertising
- Trade show and conference speaking
- Customer / prospect visits
- Customer testimonials
- Industry briefs and primers
- Online and offline seminar development
Results-driven product marketing professional with a proven ability to deliver commitments on time while achieving or exceeding business goals
- Minimum of 5 years of related product marketing experience, with a proven track record successfully marketing application middleware; SaaS and ERP experience highly desirable
- Bachelorâs degree; MBA is a plus
- Strong strategic thinking, creative problem solving, technical and analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically yet act very tactically
- Must love to create great content for external use
- Demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional teams to meet business objectives and influence co-workers while fostering strong working relationships
- Proven track record participating and influencing key analysts and others in the technical community
- Excellent verbal, written, visual/presentation skills
- Objectivity and openness to others' views and continuously builds a positive team spirit
- Hates to lose; loves to win
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services