Sr Manager, Software Applications Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sr Manager, Software Applications
Engineering | Kirkland, WA, United States
- Manage team of software application engineers to define, develop and deploy new features and improvements for with special focus on registry connections and backend services.
- Set the standard for code quality, standards and best of breed technical solutions.
- Help to coordinate and deliver complex solutions requiring multiple diverse project teams, identifying possible roadblocks ahead of time while and removing them to keep the velocity high for delivery.
- Be an evangelist for software development methodologies like agile and SCRUM across the application development team and across other teams to change development culture.
- Produce metrics for the product itself as well as those working on the product to capture, display and communicate the rate of delivery, growth, support requirements, system failures, performance, etc.
- Maintain project/bug backlogs for team, ensuring that there is a continuum to keep functions up to date with interconnected projects.
- On call for all production support issues depending of severity level.
- Must be hands on with code and code when needed on regular basis.
- Assist in the architecture, design, and implementation of web-based applications and products.
- Work on improving robustness, redundancy, and performance of a variety of applications.
- Must be self-motivated, a quick learner, and possess the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Coordinate work on multiple projects and integrate with different groups such as QA, and DB.
- Support, mentor, performance review team members to achieve their full potential.
- Owner of mission critical software.
Nice to have skills:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent certification/work experience.
- 7+ years hands on software development background (C# and open source languages).
- 5+ years managing a software development teams (5-15 people).
- Strong experience in managing, defining and maintaining complex high concurrency systems.
- 2+ years' experience with agile and scrum based methodologies.
- Very experienced in dealing with load balanced systems and distributed technologies.
- Ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Strong written and verbal skills especially in the area of technical and functional documentation.
- Server application experience and IIS 7 proficiency.
- Experience with LAMP stack.
We are an equal opportunity Employer M/F.
- TFS experience.
- Familiar with latest encryption techniques.
- Familiar with Web Deploy functionality.
- Experience with the Registrar Industry.
<< Back to Current Openings
||Kirkland, WA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED