SENIOR MANAGER, MARKETING - EMEA
Palo Alto, California-based Tesla Motors designs and manufactures Electrical Vehicles and EV powertrain components. Tesla's goal is to produce a full range of electric cars from sports cars to mass-market vehicles -- making electric vehicles accessible for everyone. We have designed, produced and delivered Tesla Roadsters to customers in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. Model S, the world's first premium electric sedan is now being rolled out world-wide.
Tesla Motors is looking for a Sr. Marketing Manager with consumer experience of a lifestyle brand to manage and execute marketing in Europe. The Sr. Marketing Manager will work closely with the following functions: corporate marketing, sales, communications, digital marketing, service, delivery experience and finance.
The focus of this position is the management and execution of marketing programs and events to support our retail channel. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to manage projects with minimal direction.
The position reports to the Director of Marketing and is based out of our European headquarters in Amsterdam, NL. Travel is expected throughout Europe.
Tesla Motors designs and sells high-performance; highly efficient electric vehicles -- with no compromises. Tesla Motors cars combine style, acceleration, and handling with advanced technologies that make them among the quickest and the most energy-efficient cars on the road.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
- Manage all marketing activities in Europe related to events, promotions, advertising, marketing communications, product launches and product marketing.
- Work with regional sales managers to develop targeted marketing plans with a coherent integration of marketing tactics, event and PR activities to achieve sales goals.
- Develop and manage the implementation of a comprehensive event calendar with centralized tracking of all regional marketing events including test drive events, lead generation events, and external corporate events (e.g. auto shows and product launches).
- Develop in-store programs and campaigns to engage existing leads and create new leads.
- Identify, plan, and execute partner and co-marketing programs.
- Drive regional marketing managers to identify and execute marketing opportunities for each region including events, communications, and promotions.
- Work with Inside Sales and Ownership Experience to understand customer objectives and create marketing initiatives to overcome challenges.
- Develop and manage a European Apparel program in conjunction with the North America Merchandise Manager.
- Ensure compliance with global brand strategy and corporate identity for Tesla Motors.
- Work with communications team on consistent and effective messaging of external documents and promotional materials to support our marketing activities (e.g. collateral)
- Manage outside agencies and vendors on an as needed basis.
- Evaluate and track the success of programs and campaigns.
- Effectively deliver results of marketing objectives within the designated and agreed budgets.
- Support the sales and fleet organization on other marketing initiatives
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent
- Must have related experience with a proven track record developing and driving marketing campaign initiatives for a consumer product
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in building clear, compelling value propositions that can be expressed in a variety of media
- Proven track record creating, managing, marketing events focused on ROI
- Maintain a high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial work ethic that is required to drive business outcomes
- Exceptional strategic thinker and analytical skills; ability to address cross-functional and cross-organizational issues independently
- Proficient in MS Office
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
- Positive â€œcan doâ€ attitude, passionate and able to show commitment and to inspire others
- Large company discipline...small company entrepreneurial attitude
- Team player and builder â€" leads by example
- 30% Travel RequireTesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, colour, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law. A EU passport or work permit is required for this position.