Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing the top engineers in any given discipline. Our world-class engineering teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone.
You must have a genuine passion for engineering the best electric vehicles in the world. Without passion, you would find what we're trying to do too difficult.
You must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company.
We are building real products -- not presentations. This must excite you. You must be a builder.
You'll work alongside accomplished, world-renowned engineers on perhaps the most exciting automotive programs in existence today.
As our Plastics Specialist on Tesla's Vehicle Engineering team, you will have the opportunity influence Tesla's revolutionary vehicle product lines. Areas of focus include product development for plastics applications and supporting battery and powertrain engineering.
- Lead long term advanced development projects related to plastics
- Projects will address cost optimization, weight reduction, performance improvement, quality improvement. Focus will be on next generation technologies.
- Be the knowledge expert for all plastic materials
- Provide technical support for other members of materials engineering team
- Collaborate with cross functional teams within Tesla
- Strong knowledge/expertise in materials or polymer engineering
- 5+ years in working with plastics development
- Experience supporting the automotive or consumer electronics industries a plus
- Master's degree in Materials or Polymer Science
- Academic research on materials or polymer a plus
|Location:||Fremont, CA |
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|