Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electric mobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components for partners such as Toyota and Daimler. Tesla has delivered over 15,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries. Model S is the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle. Model S was named Motor Trend's prestigious 2013 Car of the Year, achieved the best safety score of any car ever tested by the NHTSA, and Consumer Reports is calling it the best car it has ever tested.
Tesla Motors is committed to hiring and developing top talent from across the world for any given discipline. Our world-class teams operate with a non-conventional automotive product development philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration, flat organizational structure, and technical contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. These jobs are not for everyone, you must have a genuine passion for producing the best vehicles in the world. Without passion, you will find what we're trying to do too difficult.
As our Plastics Specialist on Tesla's Vehicle Engineering team, you will have the opportunity influence Tesla's revolutionary vehicle product lines. Areas of focus include product development for plastics applications and supporting battery and powertrain engineering.
- Lead long term advanced development projects related to plastics
- Projects will address cost optimization, weight reduction, performance improvement, quality improvement. Focus will be on next generation technologies.
- Be the knowledge expert for all plastic materials
- Provide technical support for other members of materials engineering team
- Collaborate with cross functional teams within Tesla
- Strong knowledge/expertise in materials or polymer engineering
- 5+ years in working with plastics development
- Experience supporting the automotive or consumer electronics industries a plus
- Master's degree in Materials or Polymer Science
- Academic research on materials or polymer a plus
|Headquarters:||1050 Bing Street|
San Carlos, CA 94070
|Industry:||Cleantech / Energy|