Sr. Mobile Web Engineer-Livestrong.com Demand Media
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sr. Mobile Web Engineer-Livestrong.com
Engineering | Santa Monica, CA, United States
Are you the engineer your peers go to with their hardest problems when they're stumped? Then you're the only kind we hire. That's one of the secrets to LIVESTRONG.COM's explosive growth to become the largest food and fitness site on the web, with tens of millions of monthly visitors and approximately 80% annual growth. Come see what it's like to take on high-impact projects every day on a high traffic site, in an environment buzzing with smart people who understand and respect what you do. We combine the stability and resources of a successful company with the relaxed atmosphere of a startup and the mindset to stay agile as we grow. Got an idea for how to do things better? We want to hear it today and implement it this week. Got a question about a new high scalability technology? Walk a few desks over and ask an expert who's used it in real life. The Full Stack Mobile Engineer will work on our highest growth area, the mobile device experience, both in mobile web ui and in building APIs for our native mobile apps. If making a difference in the world while working with fascinating technologies is your idea of fun, you'll love working at LIVESTRONG.COM.
The ideal candidate will have at least five years of professional experience developing for the web, and at least two years developing for the mobile web. However, if you don't have quite that much job experience but are confident you have the desired skills, please submit your resume anyway. We're good at recognizing potential, and we love giving brilliant people the opportunity to learn and grow with us.
- Take technical ownership of Livestrong.com's APIs supporting interaction with a variety of mobile apps and devices.
- Be an exemplary consumer of your own APIs as you create intuitive and robust mobile web user interfaces with HTML5 and CSS3, and work closely with other API consumers such as our native mobile app group
- Implement responsive design as required
- Engage in technical planning to influence the direction of the company's optimization infrastructure
- 5+ years experience developing and building web applications for mobile and touch devices
- 5+ years experience developing LAMP applications for the web using PHP 5
- Solid understanding of OO programming
- Strong foundation in MySQL & relational databases
- Experience working in a high traffic, high performance web environment a big plus
- Ability to work well in a team of Designers, Product and Optimization Managers, QA and other developers.
- Knowledge with version control and bug tracking systems (Specifically GIT is a plus )
- Native mobile app development in iOS or Android a plus
- Learn from a team of industry veterans with experience working on the web's most popular sites
- Pair Programming sessions with experienced engineers to exchange ideas and learn.
- Challenge Yourself with exciting projects in a fast-paced, high traffic environment.
- Open Source friendly
- Exposure to exciting new platforms and high scalability technologies
- Growth and Leadership opportunities for hard working, proactive team members.
- Make a Difference as you watch your work change the lives of others
<< Back to Current Openings
||Santa Monica, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED