Sr. Network Engineer Tower Cloud
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Department: Planning and Engineering
Successful applicant must have significant Ethernet based network design experience preferably in a backhaul network setting. Additionally is expected to be highly skilled in the architecture, development and deployment of Ethernet and IP based systems utilizing MPLS and Pseudowire technology. The applicant should also be fairly well versed with SONET and DWDM/CWDM technology along with microwave transport in order to integrate them into efficient network delivery systems. Experience with wireless backhaul and transport would be very helpful. Emphasis on IP skills, IT skills and preparing full Engineering packages.
The candidate should have a hands-on engineering background; that can design a package, put it together with the equipment vendor and network provider and hand it to the field technicians to install. Take the project or customer order from concept to design, find the equipment and configuration, talk with the customer, figure out the synchronization, design the service drops, bring it back in to the network hub and disperse the traffic as necessary. Work with equipment providers and evaluate their services but don?t depend on the vendor to do your design work for you. Evaluate network and fiber providers in markets and figure out where to lease fiber and how to configure the network to include negotiating with their engineers for network access and lateral deployment. Understand router design, basic wireless technology and the mechanics of making it all work together. Understand network management, quality of service, protection and security. Able to work with internal departments to meet the needs of those ?customers? as well.
Architecture and Planning Skills
Comprehensive understanding of Tower Cloud?s backhaul business and technical requirements for the engineering and planning of existing and new backhaul networks based on wireless and optical technologies. As part of the Planning and Engineering team, the Sr. Network Engineer is expected to design and help implement complex telecommunication infrastructure from the cell sites to the switch sites.
- Significant depth of expertise in SONET/IP/Ethernet systems in MAN/WAN applications
- Subject Matter Expert in the design and implementation of Layer 2/3 based Backhaul Solutions
- Researching Fiber-based and RF-based Ethernet and ancillary equipment from technical analysis, including lab trials through making purchase recommendations
- Define architecture for future city markets including business case analysis
- Assisting in preparation of customer proposals and solutions, along with providing technical support during test and turn-up phase
- Assisting in the development of robust network management architecture for the proposed wireless/fiber deployments in various markets
- In depth knowledge of MEF and IEEE Ethernet standards
- Familiarity with Alcatel-Lucent Ethernet platform and systems is a plus
Successful applicant must have significant Fiber/SONET/IP network design experience and is expected to be highly skilled in all aspects of fiber, SONET, DWDM, IP and Ethernet system designs including facilities engineering.
- Identifying fiber routes and estimating build and/or acquisition costs
- Providing comprehensive network solutions that include fiber, wireless and 3rd party circuits
- Provides total support for all pre-sales and post-sales functions requiring fiber and wireless builds.
- Network Design of IP network services transported using CWDM, DWDM and Microwave Radio technology
- Define CWDM and DWDM ring design and identify fiber ring architectures to support cell site backhaul
- IP, Optical, and Microwave equipment selection
- Assisting in the completion of engineering packages and procurement of equipment
- Providing 3rd level support to the field and NOC personnel during critical outage conditions
- Ability to take a project from design all the way through to the implementation/installation phase. Willing to wear many hats and overcome obstacles; entrepreneurial abilities.
Communication and Educational Skills
Applicant should be a self-starter and able to work independently or in teams with minimal supervision. Requires excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to coordinate both large and small projects. Will work with multiple groups such as finance, operations and sales and should be comfortable in presenting and working directly with customers and prospects.
Bachelor?s degree in engineering with 5 years of experience in the optical communication field or an associate degree with 7 to 10 years experience with a medium to large telecommunication carrier.
?The demand for mobile backhaul in the U.S. market will increase 9.7 times between 2011 and 2016, fueled by growing data demands and the move to faster networks.?
-iGR Study, U.S. Mobile Backhaul Forecast: 2011-2016
Copyright 2012 Tower Cloud
||100 Second Avenue South |
Suite 500 South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED