Sr. Network Systems Administrator Palo Alto Networks
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
This position is responsible for Palo Alto Networks overall network infrastructure for all enterprise, partner, and customer facing services. It requires an individual with both hands-on technical & strong project management and organization skills. The Senior Network Administrator will be working with network team for implementing and maintaining Palo Alto Networks global WAN / LAN network infrastructure for both data and voice communications projects. As a member of the network team the qualified candidate will help maintain and support our network, enforce LAN/WAN security policy, perform hands-on multi-site network administration, and provide guidance to others as needed.
- Implement and provide support for all Network related hardware/software
- Ensure system uptime and backup for network related equipment
- Establish network architecture design principles, practices, implementations, documentation and LAN / WAN maintenance
- Evaluate security practices, assess vulnerabilities and develop programs to improve security and mitigate risk
- Work with security team and auditor to perform security assessments and make recommendations on data/voice network (LAN/WLAN/WAN/DMZ/Internet), disaster recovery, remote access, network appliances, servers, and directory services security
- Work with security team to Develop and analyze security policies, procedures and technical standards including corporate compliance and end-user awareness
- Evaluate existing security technology and infrastructure and propose strategic architecture and direction for information security system
- Provide security incident triage and response, including working with firewall and device logs, investigating security events, protecting forensic value of data and establishing monitoring and incident reporting and response procedures
- Establish consistent metric and collection methods for device log aggregation and review procedures
- Help management define the bounds and aims of network implementations including developing and reviewing proposals and presentations
- Oversee security of hosted services and applications including security requirements and architecture, risk analysis, and periodic / change reviews
- Work closely with business units (Engineering) to help report issues and manage project deliverables. Provide management with status and progress reports
- Provide comprehensive and timely support to all SOX and internal audit issues as they relate to Security Operations including analyzing data privacy requirements and implementing business process and information technology controls
- Define and ensure proper implementation of personal computer security configurations and policies including end-point security
- Select and manage network monitoring and security products, services, evaluations, and vendor relationships
- Assess internal/external application and deployment security and collaborate with application developers to ensure that development methodologies incorporate security policies and best practices
- Ensure that services provided by other enterprises, including outsourced consultants and providers are consistent with established information security policies
- Extensive background in planning and designing projects and analyzing existing network systems and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness
- Expert knowledge of networking and routing protocols such as, TCP/IP, BGP4 (multi-homing), OSPF (multi-area), RIP, ISIS, etc.
- Expert working knowledge in the operation of Ethernet LAN switching protocols and standards including, VLANs, VLAN aggregation, Ether Channel, vPC, PVLANs, Spanning Tree & Rapid Spanning Tree, 802.1Q, 802.1e, and CAT 5 and fiber cable distribution systems, MPLS
- Knowledge of Data Center design, build-out, and best practices
- Experienced in designing and implementing Business Continuity Plans and Disaster Recovery Plans and facilities
- Perform configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco routing/switching platforms65XX/45XX/3560/3750/Nexus
- Experience and knowledge of firewalls (Palo Alto Networks preferred), including VPN and routing functionality
- Experience and working knowledge of Aruba wireless and F5 LTM/GTM.
- Experience with multi-tier architectures, including best practices around tier isolation (for databases, etc)
- Ability to analyze network packet traces
- Prior experience working with penetration testing with third party security firms
- Advanced knowledge of DNS and DHCP
- Extensive knowledge of network security systems, intrusion detection systems and protocols including, ACE, ACS, VPN, GRE, IPSEC, IKE, TACACS, RADIUS, ACLs, 802.1x, audits, log filesetc.
- Basic knowledge of shell scripting and programming languages such a PERL, Ruby, PHP, or Python
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2000/2003/XP, Windows Server, Unix/Linux, Active Directory, Exchange and Office Suite applications
- Strong analytical skills for interpreting business requirements and translating them into technical specifications
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends and provide 24/7 On call support.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- 7-10 Years in Information Technology roles involved heavily in networking and security
- BS or MS in a Computer Science or related field
- Network Certifications: CCIE,CCSP,CCDP (Preferred)
- Security Certifications: One or more information security certifications desired (CISSP, CISM, CISA, SANS, ISO17799)
- Well-versed in commercial information security requirements, guidance and standards
- Strong written communication skills including the ability to develop and write network and security policies, documentation, and guidelines for technical staff and end users
||Santa Clara, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED