Sr. Operations Engineer (Infrastructure) Revenue Science
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sr. Operations Engineer (Infrastructure)
This is a key role operational role supporting day to day technical operations on Infrastructure side for AudienceScience. The position is directly responsible for maintaining 24x7x365 operational functionality of all revenue generating services for the company. This includes ensuring uptime, responsiveness and SLAs in the production environment. The scope also includes leading a team of 4-6 team members.
- Manage production infrastructure - optimizing availability, high operational â€œup timeâ€.
- Be the first level of escalation for production infrastructure issues.
- Troubleshoot service problems, escalating issues within the organization as needed.
- Be a reporting lead to 4-6 resources. Coach and motivate a team of skilled technical professionals.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Substantial proven experience with server management in a medium to large sized production environment.
- Experience in installing, configuring & maintaining/troubleshooting Linux (preferably Redhat or CentOs) servers, networks, and clusters.
- Experience in Cloud architecture such as Amazon EC2, VMWare.
- Experience in troubleshooting and managing SAN's arrays, NetApp arrays/Filers
- Proficient in shell scripting and documentation.
- Experience supporting distributed infrastructure monitoring systems such as Ganglia and Nagios
- Programming experience with Perl, Bash, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with data base management systems such as MS SQL or Percona.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP protocols, firewall management, and database administration.
- Develop, document, and maintain infrastructure system documentation.
- Develop, document, and maintain operational processes and tasks.
- Knowledge or familiarity with CFEngine, Kickstart or other similar configuration tools.
- People management experience: must have led a team of 4-6 engineers.
- Work in a shift based schedule (excluding night shifts).
- Good understanding of storage architecture design techniques, theories, principles, and practices.
- Working technical experience with installing, configuring, and supporting storage servers and management software.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- Redhat Linux administration certification will be a plus.
- Lead a team of 4-6 operations engineers
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent degree/diploma.
- 5-8 years of full-time relevant experience
- Spent 18 months or more at their current workplace
- Ability to analyze and improve operational work.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to build and present persuasive arguments in a global team environment.
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize a project in logical, efficient steps (work breakdown structure)
- Ability to manage up, across and down.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities.
- Problem analysis and problem solving.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Planning and organizing.
How To ApplyIf you think you are a suitable candidate for the above position and are seeking a challenging role for your next work opportunity, email us your resume at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering letter.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED