Sr. Operations Engineer Monitoring (01955) Workday, Inc.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED Do you want to actually look forward to Monday mornings?
You can at Workday! We embody the qualities of a great company, offer world-class products and services, listen to our employees, empower creativity and innovation, and celebrate a job well done. Itâs that simple, and has earned us the #1 ranking on two 2012 âBest Places to Workâ surveys (as voted by our own employees).
Workday is looking for a Monitoring System engineer to join our On-Demand Ops team in Pleasanton, CA. USA. Youâll be responsible for the internal monitoring & notification systems within Workday. These primarily revolve around Nagios but are supplemented with tools like Hyperic, Gomez, Truesight and Keynote.Â You'll also be responsible for writing and maintaining scripts as well as supporting our automation tools (Bladelogic and chef).Â These tools and scripts are critical to the deployment of the Workday Enterprise Business Services. In addition to this you will be involved in upgrading, patching, executing and monitoring the processes that keep the Workday Service up and running in all environments - production, sandbox, implementation, sales, training, partners, etc. You'll do everything from creating scripts, maintaining nagios, applying patches and updates to all our systems either manually or using BladeLogic, all while ensuring that we continue to meet our SLAs.
- 5 plus years experience in a similar role
- Large exposure and experience configuring and administering Nagios
- A mind focused on automation
- A background in Perl, Python or Ruby
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience managing production-level systems
- Ability to read and write SQL
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Strong documentation skills.
- Â Deep experience supporting fast-growing large-scale production-quality web environments highly desirable.
- Experience in operating and supporting on-demand Internet-based systems.
- Strong Linux admin and shell scripting skills is a must.
- You are passionate about keeping nagios quiet and ensuring only critical alerts are reportedÂ
- Experience with Hyperic, OSSEC, and splunkÂ a plus.
- Experience with BladeLogic or Opsware for application deployment a plus.
- Building and operating efficient, rock-solid, auditable processes is part of your DNA.
- Work well in a distributed team environment.
- Can multi-task efficiently.
- Excellent analytical skills for troubleshooting and problem determination
- Experience deploying and operating: Apache Tomcat, MySQL, Cape Clear ESB, Subversion, Java web applications, Apache httpd. * The ability to work some nights and weekends is required as part of the on-call support and production update rotation.
- Experience working in a SAS-70 audited environment a big plus.Â
||Pleasanton, CA |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
The Workday experience is the combination of everything that's unique about Workday: our culture, our core values, our company meetings, our Development "Show and Tell" happy hours, our soccer team, our recognition programs, but most importantly it's our people. It's everything that makes us different from your average employer, and everything that makes Workday a great place to spend a work day.
> 50M RaisedInvestors: Greylock Partners
, NEA All Jobs: at Workday, Inc.
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Support Workday, Inc. with Social Media services