Sr. Operations Engineer â Site Reliability Operations Turn
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Turn delivers real-time insights that transform the way leading advertising agencies and marketers make decisions. Our cloud applications and Internet-scale architecture work together to provide a complete picture of customers, execute cross-channel campaigns, and connect with a worldwide ecosystem of over 100 partners. Turn is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices in Amsterdam, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Hamburg, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Sydney and Sao Paolo. For more information, visit turn.com or follow @turnplatform.
Please take a moment to view our award-winning culture video at: http://www.turn.com/working-at-turn/
As a member of Site Reliability Operations (SRO), you'll be part of the team responsible for ensuring that the Turn Platform is available, reliable, and fast, at all times. The SRO team provides 24/7 oversight and support of the large-scale production infrastructure and services that power the Turn Campaign and Audience Suite Platform. This person is a self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility and problem ownership who can commit to driving issues to completion; someone who can adapt quickly, and is capable of compiling together working solutions across a broad technology stack and working with engineering teams on long-term fixes.
- Apply in-depth systems analysis to project-based work, design solutions to issues, and evaluate their effectiveness
- Strategize with fellow SROs and other engineering teams on complex problems, and make decisions and recommendations about systems improvements after analyzing possible courses of conduct
- Independently learn new technologies and master the Turn infrastructure so that you can provide 'full stack' diagnostics, when necessary, to help determine the root cause of internal problems
- Perform periodic on-call duty as part of a team maintaining the availability and performance of the Turn Campaign and Audience platform, as well as the various internal services and systems that these core services depend on
- Accurate information transfer and positive engagement with other teams is a vital SRO responsibility
- Communicate effectively with fellow SROs and other engineering teams, and describe problems succinctly with sufficient detail that you can hand-off an ongoing problem to another team or a peer for completion
- Manage configuration changes for the deployed production systems
- Write documentation and qualify service requirements in support of the service transition process
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field. (3 years relevant work experience in lieu of degree)
- Experience with medium to large-scale Linux production environments, preferably as part of an online service provider environment
- Experience with distributed unix/linux systems administration and performance tuning in Internet-scale production environment
- Strong working knowledge of Linux systems and applications including Tomcat, Java, Apache
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet/Chef etc.)
- Experience with big data systems and/or database administration (e.g. Hadoop, NoSQL, SQL) a plus.
- Experience with virtualization technologies is a plus
- Solid understanding of Linux network stack, TCP/IP networking and switching
- Proficiency in one of Python, PHP, Perl, or Ruby for operations scripts and text processing is expected
- Troubleshooting skills that range from diagnosing low-level hardware issues to large-scale failures within datacenter clusters
- Experience with network management systems and network monitoring tools such as Nagios, Graphite, and/or OpenTSDB
- Ability to work independently, strong interpersonal and communications skills
Location: Redwood City, CA
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, bonus program, stock options, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Turn.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
||Redwood City, CA 94063 |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED