Sr. P&C BA/Product Mgr Guidewire Software
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Guidewire Software is a leading provider of flexible, enterprise software products focused on servicing the global property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Amica, The Co-Operators Group and The Dominion of Canada Insurance to efficiently run their high volume, complex and mission-critical insurance operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing. As the #1 provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat out our competitors such as Accenture and SAP 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is headquartered in San Mateo, California, with offices in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Toronto.
Product managers at Guidewire assume a wide range of responsibilities. You may currently be a senior business analyst in your current company but you should have experience in gathering requirements for insurance software applications, a high degree of comfort with technology, and exceptional analytical and communications skills. You should also be comfortable both engaging in product design discussions with developers and presenting to prospective customers. Because of our strong commitment to quality across the development team, you will also support the creation, execution and validation of robust functional and integration test cases that truly reflect how our customers would exercise our solutions. We're pioneers in Agile development; few companies anywhere, in any industry, have pushed agile techniques as far as we have. Our product managers are the glue that hold together our minimally-supervised teams; you will be at the center of our product development effort.
As a product manager at Guidewire your responsibilities will include:
- Gathering requirements from our customers and/or other industry sources
- Defining detailed requirements, working closely with developers through designs, making tactical decisions and working through corner-cases identified by customers or application teams
- Prioritizing feature work and coordinating with other Guidewire teams
- Being the expert who can help customers, QA, support, sales, and other groups with questions about your feature areas
- Providing expertise and selling tools for the Marketing and Sales organizations, including presenting directly to customers (there is a separate Product Marketing function that is directly responsible for messaging and collateral).
- Property & Casualty Insurance domain experience;
- 5+ years experience as a business analyst or equivalent experience in P&C insurance operations from both a business/user and systems perspective;
- Technical capacity - you should feel comfortable with XML and object-oriented concepts, and be able to communicate with the engineering team on tactical technical decisions (Programming experience is not required, but is beneficial);
- Familiarity with modern, rules-based, configurable applications;
- Ability to translate high level requirements into detailed product specifications;
- Ability to manage complex initiatives with limited supervision;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- Good decision-making skills;
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented environment;
- A real passion for detailed feature design and problem solving;
- Ability to work in Toronto with occasional travel to the US, specifically our headquarters in California.
If working in a fast-moving, low-bureaucracy environment sounds good to you; if you'd like to work with a team of talented employees, and you would enjoy being part of a financially strong and growing company, then please contact us. To learn more about our exceptional work environment, please visit http://www.guidewire.com/company/careers.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
As the number one provider of enterprise software applications to the property and casualty insurance industry, we beat our competitors (Accenture, SAP, and others) 9 times out of 10. Guidewire is an award-winning company both within the insurance industry and in the software technology space. Given our success and increasing demand for our products domestically and internationally, we continue to experience double-digit revenue growth. Guidewire has offices throughout the world, including in London, Munich, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Hong Kong, and the United States.
Profitable Investors: Battery Ventures
, Bay Partners
, U.S. Venture Partners All Jobs: at Guidewire Software
|Headquarters:||2211 Bridgepointe Parkway, Ste 200|
San Mateo, CA 94404
|Company Profile:||Guidewire Software is a profitable, privately held, and VC-backed enterprise software product development company that exclusively serves the 1.5 trillion dollar property and casualty insurance industry. Our products enable companies such as GEICO, Liberty Mutual, and Amica to efficiently run their high volume core operations, including underwriting, policy administration, claims, and billing.
Our success can be directly attributed to the bright and extremely talented employees who make it all happen. If you are looking for an opportunity where your talents will not only be recognized and leveraged but also challenged, at a company that is grabbing significant market share in a 1.5 trillion dollar industry, then Guidewire is the place for you. We have an extremely low-turnover organization and 100 percent customer referenceability.
Support Guidewire Software with Social Media services