Title: Â Performance Engineer
Location: Â San Francisco, CA or Pleasanton, CA
Workday is the leader in enterprise-class, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for managing global businesses. Our solutions combine the lower cost of ownership of SaaS with a modern approach to applications. Founded by PeopleSoft veterans Dave Duffield and Aneel Bhusri, Workday delivers Human Capital Management, Payroll, Financial Management and Worker Spend Management solutions for midsize and Fortune 500 companies.
Workday is looking for an outstanding Performance Engineer to join our Tools Performance Engineering team.
Performance Engineers are highly skilled engineers who debug, measure, analyze, and improve our Workday software. They are generalists with deep technical understanding of software, hardware, networking, and the Internet, who enjoy taking a holistic view of complex systems. Â Application Performance is achieved by working closely with all our engineering teams throughout the release cycle. Our ultimate goal is application performance that yields an excellent end user experience and scales to meet Software as a Service Infrastructure needs.
* Ability to distill volumes of data, analyze performance results, and diagnose performance problems.
Â * Ability to clearly characterize system performance to stakeholders.
* Performance test planning, setup, and execution
* Test scripting and test data management
* Capacity estimating, modeling, or planning
* Application and architecture code profiling
* Infrastructure and application performance tuning
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Collaborative team player
* Knowledge or Experience with the following a plus:
* Unix or Linux experience
* OO design and Java development experience.
* Eclipse, Junit, ANT, svn
* SQL and mySQL skills or equivalent experience
* Experience with Performance, Load, Stress, and Scalability Testing
* Experience with SOAPUI, Wats, Jmeter, Loadrunner, JProfiler, Jconsole, and system tools vmstat/top
* Web Application Development, Application Servers Tomcat, Web Services development experience (SOAP or REST)Â
* Note: Â This is a Software Engineer position not a QA role
|Location:||Pleasanton, CA |
|Headquarters:||6230 Stoneridge Mall Rd.|
Pleasanton, CA 94588