Sr.Pricing Scientist Vendavo
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Who we are:
Vendavo is the leader in front-line profit optimization. We help companies be more profitable by delivering simple, actionable guidance to the front lines, enabling salespeople to negotiate confidently and sell more profitably. Vendavo is the solution trusted by some of the largest companies in the world, including 3M, IBM, Ford, Dow, Office Depot, Philips, Dell, and Newell Rubbermaid.
As Vendavo expands into new product and market segments, we are looking for a rock-star Pricing Scientist to help us break new ground with the launch of our first SaaS product. You will play a key role in helping us successfully bring this and other products to market, we well as supporting the Sales team as they acquire new customers.
Come be part of the team that enables Vendavo to enter a new phase of growth!
Our rapidly growing price management and optimization company is seeking a skilled Pricing Scientist to drive growth of our pricing science practice. Vendavo's pricing science group provides pre- and post-sales consulting services in the areas of segmentation, pricing strategy, and price setting and optimization to leading worldwide companies across a range of industries.
Our pricing science methodology uniquely blends advanced mathematical and statistical analysis with deep business insight and pricing knowledge, and is fully supported and empowered by our market-leading pricing suite to deliver deep and sustainable benefits to our customers. As such, the candidate will be required to combine project management and technical skills to deliver improved margin realization to our customers.
What you will do:
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Define the most appropriate segmentation for the customer's business by applying advanced statistical and analytical techniques, coupled with business knowledge
- Ensure project methodology is technically robust and on time and budget
- Work with the Practice Lead to refine methodology and develop new best practices
- Collaborate with the product management and engineering functions to drive market-leading product functionality
- Develop intellectual property related to segmentation and optimization
- Assist with pre-sales efforts by delivering Pricing Science presentations to customer prospects
Good to have:
- Advanced degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, Operations Research, and/or MBA or over 7 years of equivalent working experience in analytic role
- Demonstrated experience in pricing-related consulting in enterprise B2B environments
- Proven ability to translate complex analyses into intuitive business insights
- Deep knowledge of B2B market segmentation and price optimization and excellent modeling, mathematical and statistical analysis skills
- Customer consulting experience in selling and delivering successful, high value, and profitable engagements
- Strong communication skills
- Established track of record in applying innovative thinking to problem resolution
Why you will like working here:
- Previous publications on pricing related topics
- Nothing's more exciting than working at a dynamic, high potential startup
- Super collaborative environment where every opinion matters
- Our drive to constantly innovate attracts the best and brightest
- Kitchen stocked with fresh fruit and healthy snacks
- Onsite Yoga / Zumba (Mountain View location only)
- Full benefits
- Monthly socials (Brought to you by our party planning crew Venation)
||Mountain View, CA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED