Sr. Product Manager Brightcove
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Sr. Product Manager
Product Management | Boston, MA, United States
Req ID: NRQ
Brightcove develops and operates one of the Internet's largest platforms for video ingestion, distribution and monetization. As you read this paragraph, the Brightcove player will have been downloaded more than 20,000 times!
We're looking for an experienced product manager to drive strategy for our content management and video storage solutions. You'll work with an innovate team to create solutions to help the world's leading broadcasters, publishers, and marketers better manage their video assets and ensure they are available to users on every platform.
- You relish customer visits because it's another opportunity to understand their business and technical needs
- Your hands hands-on experience with online video has taught you that you always have more to learn about this rapidly changing landscape.
- You artfully combine strategic thinking with detail-oriented execution in a way that gets things done in a fast-paced, globally distributed organization
- You quickly earn the respect of engineers because you can clearly articulate product priorities and requirements and have customer data to back them up.
- You are comfortable talking about services, APIs and SDKs and don't mind cracking open an editor to write some test or demo code.
- You can communicate clearly and inspire confidence among internal audiences, including executives, sales, and support.
- You have the tenacity to defend your opinions against strident objections but the confidence to change course when a better solution presents itself.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
In this position, you will focus on the core solution building blocks of the Brightcove platform, including the systems and APIs used to manage and distribute video and metadata and Brightcove's industry-leading solutions for storing and hosting video content. Responsibilities include:
- Define and lead the definition, design, and release strategy for the Brightcove metadata management and video storage offerings.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research to identify requirements, analyze market opportunities and set product strategy
- Collaborate with finance to model and analyze service costs and develop strategies for maximizing customer value while maintaining appropriate margins
- Manage beta programs to gather customer feedback and ensure successful releases
- Prepare and deliver presentations, demonstrations and product concepts. Typical audiences include executive management, customers, partners and press.
- Research and evaluate competitive products & solutions to help sales position Brightcove's strengths and to inform future product roadmap priorities.
- Work closely with our partner organization to facilitate integrations with strategic partners
<< Back to Current Openings
||Boston, MA |
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.Investors: Accel Partners All Jobs: at Brightcove
|Headquarters:||One Cambridge Center|
Cambridge, MA 02142
|Company Profile:||Brightcove is an Internet TV platform.
We're dedicated to harnessing the inherent power of the Internet to transform the distribution and consumption of media.
Brightcove empowers content ownersfrom independent producers to major broadcast networksto reach their audiences directly through the Internet. At the same time, we help web publishers enrich their sites with syndicated video programming, and we give marketers more ways to communicate and engage with their consumers.
Most importantly, we give people the freedom to easily find, watch and participate in a broad range of video contentwhen and where they choose.|
Support Brightcove with Social Media services