Sr. Product Manager - Developer Platform Splunk
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Have you ever paid the rent as a developer? Are you passionate about technology and like drilling into technical details? Are you also passionate about empowering developers through the alignment of strategy and shipping code?
If you answered yes, to all of these questions, then we have the role for you. We are looking for someone who understands what it takes to build a platform from the bottom up. We need people who can marry entrepreneurial zeal with thinking at global scale. That means doing everything from spreading the word to devising strategy to executing on that strategy.
Responsibilities: I can do that!
o Direct customer meetings to help solve their problems and solicit feedback to be used in the product planning process.
- Attend industry and developer events and speak credibly to developers and key influencers about Splunk's developer platform.
- Determine roadmap for the developer platform through:
o Primary market research
- Influence how we think about engaging with the emerging Splunk ecosystem.
- Effectively interface with various stakeholders across the company including sales, marketing and business development
- Lead cross-functional teams to achieve objectives
- Ensure that dev platform is aligned on planning, code delivery, support, and related motions across the engineering team.
- Contribute to pricing and licensing strategy
- Interface with analysts and other industry thought leaders to spread the word about the developer platform and also obtain feedback
- Check-in code by delivering the occasional code sample to our SDKs
- Work with technical writer on developer focused content and contribute draft content to get process going.
Requirements: I've already done that!
- Prior experience as a product manager focusing on developer.
- Experience building product roadmaps
- Demonstrated ability in leading by influence
- Having paid the rent as a developer is a good thingâ€¦
- Need to be able to do everything in the responsibilities area
Education: Got it!
- BS/BA Degree, preferably with a strong technical acumen
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of â€œbig dataâ€-- generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has 5,600 customers in over 90 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cybersecurity, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA â€" from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk now has over 800 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco with offices around the world.
THIS JOB HAS EXPIRED